Machine Shop Superintendent to assist Machine Shop Manager in a busy machine shop running day and night six days a week
- Trade Tested Turner, milling and or turning
- Must be able to program and set all CNC machines, milling and turning
- Minimum five years’ experience in a Precision Machine Shop in a leadership role
- Able to program and set CNC machines – FANUC controllers
- Microsoft Word and Excel an advantage
- Experience in the use of ERP systems such as Sage will be added advantage.
- An individual who can work expeditiously and accurately in a fast paced, pressurised and dynamic environment.
- An individual who is willing to walk the extra mile and is accustomed to working long hours and weekends in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Overtime and Saturday work expected.
- Non Smoker.
- Full function machine shop with special emphasis on the smooth day to day running of the machine shop with adherence to ISO standards
- General housekeeping of the machine shop and offices
- Adherence to Health and Safety and Labour Act requirements
- Assist with maintenance and servicing of machines, machine tools and other equipment
- Ensuring machines are utilized fully and operated within specification
- Ensure hourly and first off inspections are observed
- Liaise with quality department
- Supervision of all machine shop staff and training where necessary.
- Discipline and ensure as far as possible suitable behaviour of staff.
- Assist the machine shop production planning and scheduling
- Ensure components are produced in good time to satisfy assembly department requirements
- Efficient planning of work to ensure that orders are satisfied in terms of cost, quality (ISO9001), quantity and delivery times
- In conjunction with the Management recommend, implement and help with the installation of adequate internal controls ensuring smooth work & document flow between the machine shop and the stores
- Tightening of existing internal controls
- Implementation of new internal controls as required
- Keeping of proper records and provision of reports as required
- Ensuring that all raw materials are available to satisfy machining planned schedules
- Participate in machine shop production meetings, stock control and all administrative functions
Clearwater Office Park, Block E, Cnr Atlas & Park Roads, Parkhaven Ext 3
Objective Personnel is a professional recruitment partner and placement agency that has been making it’s mark on the industry for over 40 years. The company boasts a highly stream-lined service that offers its clients the freedom to focus on running their businesses while Objective Personnel deals with recruitment.
Objective Personnel is well suited to filling any vacancy, from entry level to the CEO, and everything in between. If your business has employment opportunities that need filling, Objective Personnel will help you fill them with competent and qualified screened candidates.
Situated near Johannesburg, Objective Personnel focuses on the whole of South Africa.