THE CANDIDATE PROFILE
Strong interpersonal skills;
▪ Good numeracy skills to recognise and interpret both history and forecasts;
▪ Good analytical & problem solving skills;
▪ Administrative and project coordination skills;
▪ Planning, Organising and time management skills;
▪ Detail orientated and accurate;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
▪ A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Infrastructure Planning or equivalent Built Environment qualification
▪ A post graduate degree, in either engineering, policy, management or finance related disciplines would be an added advantage
▪ Valid Driver’s License
▪ At least 7 years’ relevant experience of which at least 3 have been at an equivalent level within a medium to large sized organization.
▪ Demonstrates a sound understanding of Infrastructure planning and delivery in South Africa
▪ Demonstrates a sound understanding of Local Government and the public sector in general
▪ Demonstrates a sound understanding of policy, regulatory, fiscal and financial environment necessary to effectively deliver
infrastructure in South African municipalities.
KEY PORTFOLIO AND PERFORMANCE FOCUS AREAS
Research and Knowledge Management:
Collect, categorize and package relevant information for specified tasks and projects.
Perform benchmarking exercises relating to areas as determined in consultation with the Senior Manager. Conduct research on
municipal issues relating to public works, infrastructure and related fields. Develop and update municipal profiles and management systems relating to selected focus areas. Conduct knowledge sharing & peer learning activities. This includes but is not limited to packaging and publishing research and related knowledge products, packaging of content and information for knowledge sharing and peer learning events, developing presentations to be delivered by either senior management or political leadership. Update company knowledge portals and website on information related to public works and infrastructure in order to keep members and stakeholders abreast of the company's research and knowledge products in these fields.
▪ Representation at IGR & other lobbying and advocacy fora: Develop content on relevant issues to inform the company lobby and advocacy positions. Support the tracing of implementation of decisions and development of reports to the relevant company governance structures. Understand the network of national and provincial institutional structures and key role players in the delivery of public works and infrastructure
Support, Advice and capacity building: Guide, support and advise municipalities on matters relating to the development of public works and infrastructure. Implement the capacity building strategy and associated programmes relevant to the delivery of public worksand infrastructure. Monitor and support the overseeing of performance of service providers undertaking work on behalf of the company
relating to public works and infrastructure
▪ Programme Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting: Implement project management methodologies and disciplines; and support
the management of the full project cycle on assigned projects including M&E. Ensure that projects are conducted against contract
specification and payments are based on agreed milestone. Maintain records as per company policy and ensure that all project records are up loaded into the knowledge management system. Report on progress against milestones as and when required to do so. Produce periodic reports for governance structures as required from time to time
▪ Stakeholder Management: Build and maintain relevant stakeholder relationships/partnerships in the relevant fields to ensure program
delivery and increase the company's impact. Ensure appropriate and timely communications with all stakeholders. Develop reports to profile the Local Government programmes relating to public works and infrastructure
▪ Governance, Compliance and Risk Management:
Uphold sound corporate governance principles in the day-to-day operation of the portfolio. Ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures. Support the identification and mitigation of organisational and operational risks
Work in integrated multi-disciplinary teams to explore and deliver solutions to the complex municipal challenges. Support organisational priorities and the implementation of resource mobilisation systems and processes. In line with the company organisational culture, align personal and organisational values for improved performance. Support the Executive and Senior Management Team in building a high-performance culture in the company. Implement the performance management and development processes in the company to drive high performance on an ongoing basis.