Duties & Responsibilities
Quantity surveyor’s Responsibilities:
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Review construction plans and preparing quantity requirements for sites.
- Scrutinize maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Liaise with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Prepare reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment etc.
- Advise managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keep track of materials and order more when required.
- Document any changes in design and update budgets.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Travel from the office to various sites as required.
Only qualifying applicants will be contacted for this position.
- Relevant qualifications bachelor's degree in quantity surveying, engineering, management or similar field.
- Must have at least 10 years experience in the field.
- Must be SACPCMP registered.
- Must come from the contracting environment working on large building projects.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have good communications skills (Internal and External).
- Be organized and hardworking.
- Have exceptional construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to organize, plan and strategize.
- Great networking abilities.