- Manage the engineering office for all engineering disciplines, including employees and consultants, and hold them accountable for all deliverables.
- Understand the company and customer needs, prioritise, and manage the engineering activities accordingly, through own efforts and effective delegation to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Where your team requires assistance, knowledge, or advice, and you cannot provide this, ensure you communicate with management for guidance.
- Assess the workload requirements of the company and maintain a team of sufficient resources to accomplish the workload, either through permanent, contract-based, or outsourced staff and consultants, where appropriate.
- Accountable for delegating and providing support for the following functions required from different departments:
- Assist the sales team with tender technical specifications compliance and designing mechanical and electrical single lines, including equipment selections for secure power and data centre applications.
- Participating in overall electrical and mechanical designs of complete systems, broken down into high-level elements before securing the sale, and detailed designs once the contract is awarded.
- Ensuring that there is no scope creep from the customer throughout the detailed design process, which could affect the quoted and costed solutions. Where this occurs, you must ensure that the customer is made aware of deviations from the original scope and that variation orders are received from the customer for these instances.
- Preparing tender clarifications where information received is insufficient and ensuring appropriate feedback is received back from the customer to support the development of designs for the application.
- Ensure that the following is submitted during the tendering phase: Where information is unavailable, complete a list of assumptions made by the company, prepare a detailed list of equipment offered and the scope, and prepare a detailed list of the company exclusions from the tender scope of works.
- Assist with compliance to tender and customer specifications on the designs and selections with the projects you/your team have been involved in.
- Designing and development of mechanical systems typically used in secure power and data centre solutions, these could include, but are not limited to fuel systems, ventilation systems, cooling systems (in-row, down blower, DX, chilled water), fire detection and suppression, calculations, de-rating, single line and layouts, etc.
- Completing electrical cables, piping and ducting selections and schedules for tenders and technical submissions on designs.
- Assist with detailed designs and equipment selections in collaboration with suppliers to ensure that specifications set by the company, or the customer are met.
- De-rating electrical and mechanical system elements for the applications considering environmental and special conditions or standards.
- Assisting with customer Factory Acceptance Testing of equipment and solutions offered by the company. Assisting on-site with installations, commissioning, testing the solutions offered by the company, and closing off snag lists. Mainly from a technical support role, although in some cases, on-site work may be required.
- Developing test procedures for equipment and systems on site which have been supplied and installed by the company.
- Doing customer site and desktop studies and audits of customer facilities and equipment, and after that, writing reports and proposing suggestions to improve the application's reliability, efficiency, maintainability, and overall system effectiveness.
- Completing validations for the solutions suggested to the customer, including the advantages and disadvantages of different options offered and the features and benefits of each option.
- Designing and checking cable, piping and ducting containment systems, loading, layout, and clashes with other disciplined services.
- Cross-checking and reviewing designs, calculations, and single-line diagrams completed by other engineers as part of the QC process.
- Researching products for required applications and negotiating with suppliers on the costs and terms and conditions of products to ensure they align with customer requirements and the company offering. Assisting procurement where technical expertise is required.
- Assist with compiling procurement tracking lists for the approved designs/drawings and equipment offered to the customer.
- Problem-solve daily issues which could affect any area of your responsibilities.
- Assist with report writing where justifications for customers may be required.
- Ensure the designs meet all relevant safety and local legislations.
- Maintain and grow your and the team's knowledge base on the products, solutions, and applications by attending on-the-job training from the company, training offered by the suppliers, collecting, and reading relevant white papers, and joining blogs and forums on power and data centres.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Data Centre and Secure Power applications.
- Leading and maintaining an engineering team.
- Dealing with customers and reviewing consultants.
- Managing designs throughout the project phase, assisting with design changes where required, and ensuring all scope creep is accounted for.
- Experience in audits of secure power and data centre equipment, systems, and facilities.
Augment and Recruit (Pty) Ltd
Block 10, Left F, Fancourt Office Park
Augment and Recruit is a boutique Recruitment and Staffing Company established in 2018. Our values are woven into the way we work with clients and candidates alike with Integrity, Trust, Respect and Enthusiasm at the core.
The increased difficulty in Sourcing for Scarce Skills or Unique Roles has HR Departments of small to large scale organisations facing major bottlenecks when hiring for senior roles or for roles that are unique, particularly in techno-commercial fields. These roles are mission critical in nature and demand niche skill sets which are not easy to source. Augment and Recruit is very well skilled at this.
In partnership with your organisation, we offer a comprehensive hiring process through a scalable recruiting solution that results in: –
- Reduced costs with the recruiting process
- Higher quality talent
- Reduced time to fill
- Improved diversity in the candidate pool
- Enhanced business performance
- Substantial bottom line savings
Our Services include:
- Permanent Staffing
- Executive Search
- Turnkey Recruitment Assignments