- Prepares daily operating instructions, in conjunction with the Workshop Planner, to optimise the
performance of the team
- Monitors schedules and ensures implementation accordingly.
- Prepares long term strategic planning and delivers continuous improvement in his/her area of accountability.
- Ensures all incidents (HSE & Quality) are responded to, reported and investigated in a timely manner.
- Ensures all workshop / warehouse equipment is maintained in good condition according to company standards and South African regulations.
- Working from the BOM, ensures that production orders for the workshop are generated.
- Oversees strip & assess process and ensures completion of report within 3 days from arrival
- Forecasts the manufacturing/assembly hours in conjunction with operators.
- Monitors the actual hour’s vs quoted hours and investigates discrepancies.
- Participates in the quotation/tender processes.
- Provides technical guidance to the workshop team during the manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Ensures SAP system is updated with relevant production information.
- Reports problems and possible delays to relevant parties, together with action plans
- Maximizes asset and resource optimization to ensure that production targets and quality standards are met.
- Prepares workshop forecast for budget meetings.
- Ensures products and services meet customer expectations.
- Strategically manage the warehouse, ensuring timeous receiving and shipping.
- Oversee stock take activities.
- Compiles weekly KPI monitoring
Education & Qualifications
? Relevant trade qualification or Management/Operations diploma
? Occupational Health and Safety for Managers
? Computer literate
? SAP experience will be advantageous
? Minimum 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing/production environment
? + 5 years’ experience on equipment (manufacture & repair)
? + 5 years’ experience in a managerial role
? +5 years’ experience in quality management
? Lathes and milling machine knowledge will be advantageous
? Knowledge of fine tolerances, measuring tools & gauges experience - essential
? Solid experience in overall manufacturing planning / scheduling
? Proven expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
? Computer literate
? Be able to read and understand working drawings, technical drawings and specifications.
? The ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing.
? Have excellent leadership and managerial skills