Controlling the flow of product from the warehouse for despatch with logistical service providers or with company vehicles. Ensure that KPI and SLA and specific due dates are met and continuously up to date with demand and forecast of volumes. Ensure SOP’s are adhered to and ensure that stock integrity is maintained at all times. Liaise directly with service providers to assist and resolve internal and external customer related queries such as late deliveries, POD requests etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and dispatch stock form orders
• Ensure all product is properly loaded in the vehicle prior to departure
• Driver to various locations, set up drop off and pick up appointments
• Pickup calls as they come in from Customer Service and Couriers
• Provide exceptional customer service via telephone and email
• Provide administrative support and customer service support to Management
• Perform customer service by receiving orders, answering phones, communicating schedules, providing order confirmation, and receiving payment information
• Assist in stock counts if/when required to
• Conduct daily on floor order auditing to identify invoiced but not dispatched orders cartons and conduct timeous investigation when needed
• Assist with other dispatch duties, e.g dispatching of non-stock items like bags, shop fitting, etc.
• Supervise and develop Dispatch staff and casuals for succession planning purposes
• Maintain Housekeeping and Health & Safety principles in your work area at all times
Education & Experience Requirements
• Essential: Matric
• Desirable: relevant tertiary qualification
• At least 3 years relevant Despatch controller experience
• Office 365 applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Planning and organizing skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Deadline orientation and ability to handle pressure
• Strong customer service orientation
• Computer literacy
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of industry trends
• Ms Office Suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
• Communicating skills
• Good interpersonal and team membership skills
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
Should you not have received any feedback within 2 weeks after the closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful.
By clicking Apply you confirm that:
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link