Building/Construction/Mining - Other Building/Construction/Mining
Junior Mining Engineer
PMG Mining currently has an opportunity within our Engineering Teams for a Junior Mining Engineer – Mine Planning. This position is an excellent developmental position for a graduate engineer to advance their skills in mine design/operations as the team works towards bringing the mine into full production.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Mine Manager, the Junior Mining Engineer – Mine Planning will be a pivotal team member of our team. In this role, the individual will be supported by an internal team as well as a team of external experts.
Key deliverables of this position are:
• Assist with on-going Life of Mine Plan and Schedules
• Development and maintenance of the computerized mine model for the development and production schedule
• Daily ore and development reporting
• Daily drilling reporting and weekly, monthly forecasting
• Assist with mine surveying
• Providing plans and sections for development, production drilling
• Provide safety notices for activities involving engineering layouts and designs
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Entry with a Degree/Diploma in Mining Engineering is preferred .
Additionally, the preferred candidate must have the following experience:
• Operational experience in an open cast mining environment preferred but not mandatory;
• Experience working with mine planning and scheduling
• Experience with all Microsoft office software a must;
• Excellent communication skills in English;
Excellent Report/business Writing Skills
The role of a mining engineer carries with it significant professionalism, responsibility and accountability. The career is extremely rewarding and has significant opportunity for those who are motivated and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
The preferred candidate must possess the following attributes:
• teamworking skills and the ability to manage and motivate people;
• project management skills;
• analytical and problem-solving skills;
• communication and presentation skills;
• time management and planning skills, as well as the ability to prioritise your workload;
• an outgoing and self-reliant nature;
• knowledge of health and safety issues related to mining.
PMG MINING PTY LTD