Position: Technical Sales Person
Location: Brackengate, Cape Town
Reporting Line: Department Manager
To effectively assist customers in a professional and competent manner with technical support and assistance in choosing a product that is best suited for their specific needs - and with the aim of achieving customer satisfaction generating sales and promote sustainable business growth.
- Matric or 3x Completed Intercept courses equating to total of 120 credits.
- Candidates with no Matric will only be considered for this position if they have 7 years’ experience in Technical Sales in specific trade
- 7 Years Sales experience
- 3 years in retail/hardware giving technical advice to customers
- 7 intermediate technical supplier competency certificates
- Intermediate level merchandising standards / In-house return per square meter standards
- Demonstrate Standard Operating Procedure knowledge unattended at 100% accuracy
- External Sales technique course
- Demonstrate above average sales technique
- Asserts problem solving ability
- Advanced technical product knowledge (achieve 100% in assessment)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written)
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend to customers in a professional, competent, and helpful manner.
- Generate new business opportunities and maintain existing customer relationships to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Advises and assists customers regarding technical aspects merchandise.
- Assist with the ongoing management of stock by way of product inventories and participating in stock takes, including perpetual stock takes.
- Control and maintain acceptable stock levels and liaising with relevant departments regarding replenishment of stock when necessary.
- Advise the customer on products: price, specification, delivery, warranties, and any other information pertinent to the, use and care of the product.
- Advise customers on alternatives within the range of the product to further ensure customer needs are satisfied.
- Maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge of the company’s product ranges and any additions/ changes to it.
- Attend to admin tasks including, but not limited to maintenance and updating of customer book, special orders file, submitting invoices and other relevant paperwork.
- Ensure merchandising is done according to the company’s merchandising standards and that the products are priced correctly.
- Maintain good housekeeping of work area.