• Provide survey services and data accuracy to mine management for production, development and projects
• Ensure compliance with the relevant legal requirements
• Manage the budget for the area of responsibility.
• Provide Survey expertise and skills to the operation
• Engage stakeholders on Survey related matters
• Ensure that all Survey reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
• Ensure that all survey information is collected calculated and reported to the level of accuracy required by legislation.
• Ensure minimum standards for survey data capture and reproduction on manual drafting, CAD and GIS systems.
• Maintain a company land asset register, assist and recommend to the legal and company Secretaries as to servitudes, land ownership and land usage.
• Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency (RSA).
• Registered as a member with RPO (SAGC, IMSSA).
• Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent qualification.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Mine surveying with at least 4 years in a Senior Surveying position.
• Knowledge of survey calculation and modelling software.
• Knowledge of CAD and GIS software.
• Knowledge of Mine Design and Optimisation Software.
• Valid driver's license
• Tertiary qualification in Survey or Mine Survey (NQF 6)
• Senior Management Development Programme (SMDP) or equivalent qualification
• Knowledge of geological modelling software