Building/Construction/Mining - Mining
R400 000 to R600 000 p/a
Salary: R400 000 to R600 000 p/a
Our client in the construction industry is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to coordinate and assist with sustainable procurement initiatives, including research, cost modelling and analytical support services, monitoring internal procurement systems and supporting procurement projects across the Group.
- Source and evaluate required services / products at the best competitive prices, quality, availability, reliability and technical support.
- Work with procurement and business partners to assess their business needs and contribute meaningfully to the development of procurement and management strategies.
- Monitor and maintain complex databases/systems and apply analytical tools, techniques and systems to analyze and interpret a wide range of supplier and organizational information and options to support procurement planning and decision making.
- Develop and provide reports to support effective management of supplier performance and to track and report on benefits delivered.
- Apply risk management and compliance checks when researching and analyzing supply markets and contract performance to identify potential risks and trigger risk mitigation and management responses.
- Communicating technical reports and analyses in a meaningful way to procurement stakeholders given the complexity of procurement analysis and the time-pressured working environment.
- Compare prices from different suppliers and deciding which supplier to purchase from in accordance with company supplier evaluation protocol.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Explore business opportunities and contribute to development of procurement strategies and supply arrangements.
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- Maintain the supplier database on the system for all business units.
- Make recommendations in terms of actions to be taken against underperforming suppliers.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns.
- Identify and evaluate key risks at a contractual level for straightforward arrangements and seek input from other functions as appropriate (e.g. finance, legal etc.).
- Develop risk mitigation strategies for straightforward procurement arrangements.
- Identify areas of non-compliance to procurement policy and raise with relevant stakeholders.
- National diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum 6 years' experience in procurement which includes supply chain management within a construction or related environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of project management and construction management tools / systems, i.e. CCS, JDE etc.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards
- Knowledge of the BBBEE Preferential Procurement requirements as per the Construction Charter;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability and drive to meet tight deadlines
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
Send your CV and latest pay slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
AtripleA Recruitment and Temps
AtripleA recruitment & temps