National Diploma in Building Science - B Tech in QS Preferred
2 years work experience
Candy experience will be advantageous
Fluent in English and Afrikaans
Sub - Contractor Management, variation order pricing
Measuring of Building work
Assisting with tenders
Daily QS administration.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Main key performance areas:
• Cost control and management
• Cost reporting
• CCS Candy & Buildsmart management
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Compiling Bills of Quantities as may be required by the Company
2. Estimating the Bills of Quantities as well as Variations from drawings
3. Evaluating of Quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers – Bill of Quantities
4. Approvals and allocation of building material procurement
5. Measurement of Sub-Contractors work on a bi-weekly basis for progress payments
6. Cashflows for the different projects relating to the construction programme
7. Progress Payments on various projects including Valuation
8. Determine Monthly Targets with the Construction Operations Manager for the projects
9. Determine Monthly Targets with the Construction Operations Manager at the different phases of construction
10. Costing of the different projects
11. Assist store, yard and plant manager with material management
12. Develop and maintain progress metrics on key performance indicators on site
13. Continuous updating of all projects on CCS Candy and integrating with CCS Buildsmart
Mining Sales Service Engineer (Polymer), Brakpan, R490k ctc
* Knowledge of Setting up of Safety Files for Mines and Plant
* Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be computer literate in MS Office.
* Must have emotional maturity to handle customers.
* Must have excellent commercial acumen.
Marketing and Sales
* Maintain product knowledge and familiarise yourself with any modifications to existing or addition of new products to the company’s product range
* Maintain personal contact with existing customers and submit a monthly report to the Sales Engineer on all activities including customer perception of the Company’s products and services
* Assist with resolution of customer complaints and get involved in the investigation and corrective action resulting from such complaints.
* Assist Sales Admin and Technical personnel by ensuring that all relevant information is available to ensure accurate quotations.
* Grow the existing business by providing input on market trends, new products offered by competitors and information on any expansion plans of existing customers. Increase current business by offering existing customers the full range of company products
* Assist with arranging customer installations; be present as company representative during installation and commissioning. Provide feedback to Design Office on quality of installation.
* Maintain records of component wear measurements/service reports on products and customers to ensure orders are placed in time for spare components and/or replacement products
* Business development and consolidation of potential for new clients that can be targeted for CLIENT’s products in a designated region.
Sales Administration and Reports
Bilnor Staffing Solutions offers two major range of services to the mining and engineering industries across the entirety of South Africa and neighbouring countries. Founded in 1982 as a one-man business we have grown to become a business with unlimited capabilities able to meet the needs of our customers with accuracy and speed. Our commitment to offering customer service that ensures your business keeps running is something we are very proud of. Our staffing solutions ensure that you have the ability to grow your workforce as needed on a temporary or permanent basis. This will allow you to ensure that the right people are employed within your company. We offer long-term and short-term staffing solutions and permanent placements. Development, repairs and maintenance within any plant environment or mining and engineering section is unavoidable, but it is the ability to resolve these matters with speed, accuracy and a cost conscious approach that sets you apart from your competitors. At Bilnor we offer engineering and construction services that ensure your operations runs like it should. As a full range engineering and construction provider with full agility we are ready to take on any project you have. At Bilnor we believe in employment equity, currenlty Bilnor Engineering and construction is a level 1 BEE contributor and Bilnor Staffing Solutions is a level 2 BEE contributor. We are continuously striving to increase our contribution.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link