Temporary and Permanent Recruitment Consultancy | Local and International Placements | Automotive Sector | ICT Sector | Mining and Engineering Sector and more
Currently seeking for a Toolroom foreman
Our client in the Pinetown area is recruiting for a Production Engineer, who will be responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project-based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs.
Roles and Responsibilities
General and task management
Optimizing the manufacturing processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner by generating production documentation such as work instructions and setting instructions.
Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods.
Liaising with other engineers and departments to develop plans that improve production, costs, and labor requirements.
Establishing and following safety procedures and protocols that take the workers’ well-being into account.
Keeping abreast of advancements in engineering and production and sharing knowledge with co-workers.
Analyzing all facets of production performance including safety, quality and efficiency and making recommendations for improvement.
Identify manufacturing needs for new products in development.
Design new systems and processes and provide facilities and methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new products or for the improvement of existing ones into manufacturing operations.
Ensure all product and system requirements are considered from the initial product conception to the finished result.
Complete shop floor layout and cell designs.
Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
Remove waste from the processes.
Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required.
Support the purchasing process for equipment to ensure the best quality for best price.
Oversee installation of machinery and equipment.
Maintain statistical and financial records.
Carry out FMEAs, (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation and implement improvements.
Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
Produce written reports and make presentations.
Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to customers.
Diagnosing problems in the production line and providing recommendations and training.
Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities.
Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
Poka Yoke (error proofing) where possible to prevent errors.
Support and lead process improvement activities.
Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training.
Lead and/or support technicians and trainee engineers.
Train people within own work group.
Undertake continuous training and development.
Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers, and other service providers.
Be an effective team member, working with management and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output.
BTech or equivalent technical tertiary qualification/s: Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related.
5 years automotive process engineering experience.
5 years’ experience in Automotive Metal Stamping environment
CAD software experience.
Exciting new opportunity for a sales representative whos job purpose is to drive growth through the OE, Aftermarket and Truck
channels, including Second-hand Dealers.
Applicants must have a formally recognized sales or marketing diploma/degree or suitable
If you meet all of the above, please send your CV to email@example.com Please note due to high volume responses, only candidates that meet the advertised criteria will be contacted.
EXPERIENTIAL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of the Production Plant and support the implementation of new technology. Oversee utilisation of resources equipment, manpower, space and mentorship of the Apprenticeship.
Decision making: The ability to gather all information to identify gaps and shortcomings; considering all alternatives before taking appropriate course of action.
Planning and organising: Ability to proactively plan, manage and follow through on objectives; ensuring a logical flow and completion of activities to deliver results.
Manage plans and goals without and ensure meeting of deadlines, avoid delays.
Teamwork: Ability to work with others from different departments and or independently in order to achieve common team objectives.
Problem solving be able to analyze situations and convey meaning by developing a concept, model or theme distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information easily and identify patterns or relationships from information and events. Develop creative solutions to problems and seek information from variety of sources.
Communication skill: Be able to listen and respond to others both written and verbal communication
Innovative thinking: Ability to think out of the box and provide new ideas.
Customer — Centric Focus: Ability to anticipate and or to identify customer needs and expectations, develop and maintain good work relationship with customer.
Technical Faults Detection: Ability to diagnose faults and preventative action to be taken to resolve.
General: Support the requirements of Quality Management Systems/ IATF/lS014000
Ability to manage spare parts inventory and search for local procurement (cost reduction activities)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum - National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
At least 5 Years' experience in Automotive industry PLC and CAD DATA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Machine maintenance & Operation
Purpose of the job:
Contributes to the total effectiveness of the department by controlling financial processing, communicating openly, and solving
problems proactively in a timeous manner. As a key player within the team an important requirement will be to build trust, drive
the execution of tasks and solve problems with integrity and innovative thinking as a positive, engaged Management Team
Experiential and Educational requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an end-to-end Supply Chain Environment
• Completed, or studying towards, a tertiary degree in Supply Chain Management. Alternatively, a minimum of 3 - 5
years related experience in a similar role
• Computer Literacy: Intermediate MS office and SAP R/3 experience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Selling and Purchase Prices are accurately loaded within SAP according to implementation timings, with the
necessary ZPPR/ZPPO approvals in place
• Stock levels are analysed and Supply Chain Coordinators are supported with the development of initiatives to
reduce aged / obsolete stock, where necessary ensure that interest and storage costs are recovered
• Liaise with Credit Control to ensure accurate, timeous, and in-full payment from customers
• Sales Orders and Purchase Orders are raised within SAP accurate and timeously, aligned to customer orders
• Aged Sales Orders and Purchase Orders in SAP, for which there is no delivery commitment, are cleared, and such
clearance is recorded • Invoice queries are corrected within the month of processing and variance calculations are provided to
management for checking and authorisation.
• Analyse VF04 and support Supply Chain Coordinators with resolution of open items, escalating to Management as
required to support
• Minimise risk exposure due to air and hand carry shipments
• Developing a strong understanding of customer needs and keeping close communication to enhance service
delivery and customer satisfaction
• Assist with the implementation of action plans to resolve any customer complaints or concerns
• Ensure that Quotations are submitted, with acceptance received within specified deadlines for implementation
• Maintain customer information, including but not limited to Contacts Database, Order Files, SAP Master Data
• Ensure accurate and timely Co-ordination of shipping schedules and communication of this information for order
balance, calculation, and information sharing (Weekly)
• Comply with Standard Operating Procedures
• Ensure that SAP processing is up to date and correct regarding Orders, Pricing, Invoicing and Receiving
• Direct team to achieve objectives established in the department’s Strategic Plan
• Gather Information and Report/Consult with Management regarding the need for urgent shipments and priority
• Ensure that ALL irregular operations are reported to management immediately for understanding and prompt
action/resolution to avoid risk
• Check and confirm Order Accuracy, Fluctuations and submission timing in accordance with deadlines.
Ensure forms are handed to Management for Authorisation and that check sheets are complete
• Process and Check Customer Orders confirming Accuracy, Fluctuations and submission timing in accordance with
• Ensure forms are handed to Management for Authorisation and that check sheets are completed and order forms
• Submit and track Request for Quotations - Providing all the necessary detail (Relating
to New Parts Introduction and Build-out)
• Ensure that accurate Rundown Sheets are created with detailed supporting history for discussion
• Provides support to team members on day-to-day operations
• Ensure performance objectives and targets are met and that concerns are communicated to management
• Provide on the job training to members and to constantly motivate them to strive toward better results
• Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and consumers
• Ensure that Company policy is adhered to, particularly but not limited to Office Hours, Lunch Breaks, and Security
Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained [5S]
• Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
• Conduct Weekly meetings to ensure Knowledge Sharing and ensure that Operational issues are identified, tracked
and resolved timeously
• Participate in Quarter end Inventory Verification at stock count (Audit) as require
An amazing opportunity has opened up for a Bookings Clerk / Receptionist based in Amanzimtoti.
Only suitable cvs will be responded to
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link