This role provides an exciting opportunity to roll out a new strategic initiative within the client in the Data Solutions space. The Backend Engineering role serves as a development and support expert with responsibility for the design, development, automation, testing, support and administration of the applications, services, and technical interfaces between various systems.
The role also offers the opportunity to contribute to open-source solutions and to present at conferences and summits. This is a unique opportunity to help client, a huge and multinational financial corporation, to become data-drive.
You will have the opportunity to work directly across the firm with developers, operations staff, data scientists, architects and business stakeholders in general to develop and enhance the data science services across the organization.
- Design, develop, test, deploy backend services, components, libraries tools
- Be familiar with the whole lifecycle of data applications
- Be a strong problem solver
- Be eager to learn new approaches and technologies
- Strong communication skills and work directly with teams across multiple geo-located teams
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python, Go
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design and SOLID principles, and ability to properly apply general design patterns and paradigms
- Experience with SQL and one or more relational database management systems: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience of one or more NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, or DynamoDB
- Experience with web frameworks like Spring, Quarkus, Micronaut, etc.
- Good understanding of web protocols (REST, gRPC) and formats (Json, Protobuf, etc)
- Experience with cloud environments, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Nice to have:
- A BS degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or another technical field
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka preferred)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (like Github Actions, Jenkins, etc)
- Familiarity with OAuth, Open Connect ID and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD/LDAP/Kerberos
- Experience with test-driven development