Our client based in JHB is currently looking to employ a Senior Creditors Clerk.
Purpose of the position is o make payments to suppliers by processing all relevant documents and ensuring up to date details for all suppliers maximizing discounts. To manage queries to ensure that organization receives all credit notes timely.
- Grade 12
- At least 3 years accounting experience in a retail environment.
- Finance and business analysis.
- Verbal and written communication.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Relevant SAP proficiency.
- Financial acumen
- Numerical reasoning
- Analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Rule orientation
- Investigative orientation
- Customer responsiveness
- Planning and prioritizing
- Excellence orientation
Duties and Responsibilities:
Load correctly Authorized Invoices and Statements on a daily and monthly basis on BEST
- Ensure that invoices from Suppliers are issued in the correct Legal Entity.
- Ensure that all VAT Invoices contain the Supplier and Company’ s VAT Numbers.
- Ensure that Invoices received display official purchase order number according to the Company Procedures.
- Load Invoices on the portal on a daily, weekly and monthly basis according to the standards of the Department.
- Load Statements from the portal to SAP on a daily and monthly basis according to the standards of the Department.
- Ensure that all invoices listed on electronic schedule are available on remittances.
- Ensure that all documentation is available on the portal at all times.
Reconcile Supplier Accounts
- Ensure that all Suppliers’ Account schedules are received weekly and monthly by no later than the 3rd working day of every month.
- Ensure that all Suppliers’ Account Statements are received on the portal by no later than the 7th of every month.
- Check the accuracy of the information on the Account Statements to ensure that complete open item statement has been received (use control sheet monthly).
- If the Account Statements have errors contact the Suppliers and ask for an amended Account Statement.
- Check the amended Account Statements for accuracy.
- Load Statements by uploading the statement from the portal to SAP.
- Ensure all invoices and credit notes have been loaded electronically to the portal.
- Ensure that recons are completed within the deadlines set on a monthly and daily basis.
Resolve Supplier Queries
- Investigate outstanding Invoices on the Reconciliation.
- Keep all communication between Stakeholders formal and documented electronically.
- Contact Suppliers to obtain copy of missing Invoices on portal.
- Obtain Credit Notes from Suppliers on a monthly basis and hand these to the department Supervisor.
- Record a Supplier Narrative on the BEST system, clearly indicating the action taken in attempt to clear outstanding transactions.
- Escalate queries to the Accounts Payable Manager if it cannot be resolved after following the Query Resolution Procedure.
- Collect money on debit balance accounts.
Perform General Ledger tasks
- Set up monthly meetings with suppliers.
- Understand and resolve queries on accounts with the Suppliers on a monthly basis.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and portray company in a positive light.
- Meet company deadlines.
Effective Teamwork, Collaboration and Self-management
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self management.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Follow guidelines given or set own guidelines to work in an organized and methodical manner.
- Inform relevant parties in the event of tasks or deadlines not met and provide appropriate resolution.
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
- Manage colleagues and client’s expectations and communicate appropriately.
- Manage own disruptive emotions (handle stress in ways that do not negatively impact on the team).
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.