Our client is a Stellenbosch-based technology company, who builds digital technology solutions that is contributing towards creating productive societies across Africa.
They are looking for employ a Senior DevOps Engineer with 5+ years relevant experience.
Our client has market-leading expertise in the agricultural, health, financial inclusion and education spaces and works with mobile network operators to bring about positive change in the lives of people through the benefits of the digital dividend. Our client is a home-grown African company delivering value to the people of Africa and is a subsidiary of the Vodacom Group.
About the role
- You will form part of our DevOps team.
- As a senior DevOps Engineer you will manage the ICT infrastructure and provide a single point of contact for technology support.
- You will also be contributing to software development efforts to build highly efficient internal tooling, using languages such as Java and Python. In doing so you will be greatly contributing to enabling the company in it's efforts of creating productive societies.
- Some of your responsibilities will include automating configuration management, providing 99.9% uptime for production networks, operating systems and databases, implementing resource plans, routing inbound support requests accurately to product development teams, the Helium development team and the DevOps team as well as deploying new and upgraded instances of products.
- We are looking for an individual that is a great team player, has highly developed technical problem-solving skills and has a high level of attention to detail.
- The ideal individual will be someone who is dependable and dedicated to their work and cares about making a difference in Africa.
What you need
- 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- One of our main drivers at the company is the fact that we build solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives and with this comes the responsibility of producing work that is of high quality. We strive to maintain a good balance of working hard and spending time together to build good relationships and celebrate individual and team achievements!
What to expect
- Passionate and dedicated team members - We work hard and support each other because we are passionate about what we do and the impact we are making.
- Growth opportunities - We have annual personal development discussions to craft out your journey ahead. We have 5 study leave days for those that are pursuing a qualification or certification.
- Flexibility - 3 remote workdays with core hours being 10:00 - 15:00. We are output, not input focused.
- An energising environment - We celebrate differences and value individuals. We enjoy celebrating successes, having coffee-walks, playing ping-pong and care about each other's personal lives.
- Income protection & death cover - We care about our staff and their family when unexpected events occur.
- Employee Wellness Programme - We are holistic beings and therefore we invest in the health and wellbeing of our staff.
- While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 15 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.