We have a vacancy available at one of our clients in the Fourways area for an Inventory Specialist. If you are a Project Accountant with Inventory experience then this position might just be for you.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Purchasing and Supply, or B.Sc. in Logistics and Material Management. Professional Qualification in CIPS or CILT, or MSc in Supply Chain Management is preferred.
- Ideal candidate is a Project accountant with Inventory experience.
- Understand and executed the end to end Supply end process
- Supply Chain qualification
- Financial understanding and application
- 8 to 10 years supply chain experience (8- 10 years relevant working experience with increasing levels of responsibility and at least 3 years in a Specialist role.)
- Demand Planning Specialist who has experience with warehouse optimization, logistics and understands the basic of Inventory accounting.
- Experience with MS. Office and Oracle
- Detail oriented, able to multitask to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Must have good knowledge about customs clearing procedures at the South Africa Ports and conversant with current trends in the maritime industry.
- Must be conversant with the current INCOTERMS and always negotiate the best deals for the Company with the Freight Forwarder and Clearing Agent when applicable.
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests in a timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills: Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results within the department.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-volume environment.
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions to the business.
- Good problem-solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety requirements within the Telecommunications industry.
The Inventory Specialist has an oversight responsibility for the warehouse operations of the company together with the logistical arrangements required for international and local procurement of materials required for the operations of the company. The Inventory Specialist is to maintain a reliable and
accurate inventory recording for the company for all inventory stored in the Company's Warehouse and Applicable locations.
The Inventory Specialist must create and implement appropriate systems and procedures in procurement and warehouse management and maintain a full traceable administrative system capable of recording and filing all records and data for tasks completed. The Inventory Specialist is expected to work closely with internal customers as well as suppliers to be a good customer service point.
The Inventory Specialist shall train and mentor warehouse team to ensure compliance with all process, procedures and policies and ensure the security and integrity of the warehouse function is met always. Weekly meetings will be required to be put in place with the warehouse for progress update and corresponding feedback be provided to the management team.
- Manage the warehouse function efficiently and effectively to ensure optimal support is provided to the user departments mainly the Operations and Projects team.
- Keep dedicated records of all pre-requisite documents / certificates / information required, in the execution of his /her responsibilities as well as fully complying to all Company Policy and Procedures, and good business practice
- Ensure a supply / procurement service which meets at minimum the parameters set out by requestors.
- Expedite all orders (Imports and Local) from the Purchase order stage through to freight forwarding and customs clearance to ensure timely delivery of ordered materials. (Avoid demurrage and unnecessary delays with imports and ensure expediting is completed for local orders).
- Submit a weekly report on all imports / foreign purchase orders raised showing the materials ordered together with delivery timelines as well as committed expenditures to aid in forex forecast planning.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable team to ensure that all supplier invoices together with the necessary Customs clearing documentation for imported materials delivered are paid for within the agreed payment terms.
- Participate and aid the user department in the systematic evaluation of Warehouse Supplier performance as well as maintain dedicated records of such events on behalf of the company. Clear focus on Managing KPI’s set out in the Signed Contract with the warehouse. Move Order Turn Around, Receiving KPI, Cycle Count Accuracy, Warehouse Space Utilization. Manage the Warehouse Service Provider to ensure performance meets all levels required on the job.
- Submit monthly reports on Inventory turnover detailing; stock cover periods, slowing moving, redundant inventory items, etc
- Conduct monthly cycle count with the Warehouse and ensure this is signed off, maintaining a high level of inventory accuracy throughout.
- Ensure that systems and process in place for the entire Warehouse and Inventory Management functions are adhered to and that where improvements can be made this is tabled to management for review and implementation.
- Maintains a shipping/receiving log.
- Maintain a material planning Template (showing Reorder level & EOQ) with a clear focus on Demand Planning for Capital Intensive Projects.
- Ensure there is adequate space to receive materials and coordinate with the warehousing team to manage the shipment received.
- Ensure that all Inventory data in Oracle is checked for accuracy and Material distribution accounting in correct and reconcile with the Project Accountant CIP figures. Particular attention should be focused on miscellaneous issues, Oracle Move Orders to non-project related transactions.
- Manage all Asset returns from site to warehouse and maintain an accurate database and liaise with the PMO to ensure the necessary disposal processes are followed in a timely manner.
- Provide support during month end reporting ensuring that the Inventory module in Oracle is closed and all reporting requirements are met. This includes transfers from Inventory to Projects Module, returns from CIP, Run All Inventory Value Report as well as Period close Inventory Reconciliation Reports, etc.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the All-Inventory Value Report in the general ledger (GL) versus the Sub ledger (SL) in Oracle.
- Performs monthly physical inventory stocktaking exercise to verify inventory counts and submit a report on the exercise.
- Ensure that best industry practices are maintained in the day-to-day management of the warehouse with full compliance to the EHS policy regarding the safe storage and handling of all inventory and non-inventory related items stored in the warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To apply click on the the "apply" button and you will be redirected to another site.