The Graduate Technical Consultant forms part of the Support team. The Support team ensures that software is effectively implemented, maintained and continues to provide up time within the customer. Customers are enterprise wide and across the African continent. The Technical Consultant’s primary focus is to ensure the Software Technology is always effectively functional as well as to deliver the objectives the customer originally and continuously require.
- Customers are effectively supported through efficient SLA management
- We can meet the return on investment to the customer
- We are recognized as the trusted advisor across our software solutions.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
Delivers and executes quality Support to the customer as per the SLA/Contract
- Troubleshoot AdaptIT EPM software
- Troubleshoot hardware faults linked to the software
- Installs as per protocol AdaptIT hardware and software
- Conducts root cause analysis
- Conducts maintenance, commissioning and health checks on the system
- Effective administration, reports and feedback of tickets assigned.
- Investigate and identify potential flaws with the in-house software and assist with rectifying any such potential flaws
- Investigate and identify potential issues with buffer hardware, customer’s environment (LAN/WAN), customer’s servers
- Conducts maintenance, commissioning, health checks as well as advising the customers on their solutions
- Effective communication with customers and internal operations to ensure that the software is delivering on the solution offered.
- Raising any software bugs, feature enhancements and potential road map items to our inhouse Development Team.
- Follows a detailed project plan and ensures delivery of own objectives within the project plan
- Assists with management of multiple vendors
- Follow project plans with implementation of hardware and/or provisioning of our software solutions on our hosted platforms or when required to deploy onsite
- Communicates actively, verbally and written regularly during project implementation.
- Takes responsibility of signoff of project assignments.
Consulting and customer engagement
- Guides, trains and advises users of the system on achieving optimal usage of our EPM software solutions.
- Ensures effective communication and informs the team and customers.
- Able to extract, read and understand information provided by the system and can consult to users at customers on its impact
- Ability to do full root cause analysis as documented
- Collaborating with Sales where appropriate to ensure that SLA is being met and actively engages when customers in pain are evident
- Collaborating closely with Technology to ensure that trends with regards to existing or new products are constantly reviewed and monitored.
- Engaging in value adding communication and information with the customer on a regular basis
- All consultants perform a role of customer retention when dealing with customers.
Internal Administration Management
- All Support interactions with AdaptIT Customers must be updated on the internal systems on a daily basis
- The system must be administered and managed in accordance with operational guidelines and standards
- The system must reflect all current status of customer interactions within 24 hours of the activity taking place
Product Knowledge and Technical Certification
- Technical Consultants must demonstrate thorough knowledge of AdaptIT solutions as per the level determined
- Continuously ensure skills and competence remains relevant and enhanced
- Actively learn and develop knowledge when new modules/versions are released
- Attend training sessions
Customer Growth and Retention
- Collaborating with Sales where appropriate to ensure that SLA is being met and actively engages when customer in pain is evident
- Collaborating closely with Software Technology to ensure that trends with regards to existing or new products are constantly reviewed and monitored.
Engaging in value adding communication and information with the customer on a regular basis
Commitments are adhered to and escalated early in the case of non-delivery
· Awareness maintained during customer conversations, e.g. competitor activity, customer requirements and potential gaps in Support offerings or delivery and that this information is given back to Support Delivery Manager and Team Leaders on a regular basis.
- Email and Telephonic communication to be done in a presentable and proficient manner to the customer as required.
- Customer retention key focus and following the necessary processes to ensure customer retention.
Key Working Relationships
Sales, Development and Technical Support team
Customers at varying levels (Users, HR, Finance and IT)
Partners and Vendors
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Education & Qualification
- Relevant IT degree/diploma/certification
Skills and Competency
- Software engineering
- Analytical problem solving
- Route cause analysis
- Strong Communication skills
- Fast learning in high performance Cultureconsult