As a Database Developer, you will be responsible for designing stable and reliable databases, tables that don’t break, and are according to client's needs. The dynamic individual must be engaged and passionate about what they do, be approachable and push boundaries to achieve the best for the business.
You will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. Communication and organisational skills are key for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
- Working towards or completed Diploma/Degree.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with MS SQL Server.
- + 3 years of experience in Software Development.
- Experience with C# (.Net).
- Experience in explaining complex matters in a simple way,
- Understanding of Couchbase, Cockroach DB, Redis, Elasticsearch or Oracle will be an advantage. Training is available for upskilling in these technologies
- Cloud experience
- Advantage Red Hat Open Shift certified – RHCE
- Linux Certified.
- Networking Certification (Network+, CCNA)
- VMware certified – VCP
- Involved in Software Development Lifecycle by analysing business requirements and understanding the functional work flow of information from source systems to destination systems.
- Responsible for analysing numerous of data sources and their mapping onto a master model.
- Design and implementation of masters and output structures.
- Develop Microsoft SQL databases.
- Do performance optimisation of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Develop SQL procedures, triggers, views, functions, and reports to support enhancement to critical SQL based business systems.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes to support data integration.
- Accepts changes to task, plans and procedures in order to align with strategic direction of the organization and appropriately adjusts behaviour and activities to changing conditions.
- Makes confident, timely, fact-based decisions drawing on a broad range of resources through collaboration with others.
- Generates new ideas and challenges the status quo, takes risk, supports change and encourages innovation.
- Searches for opportunity to create new ideas and innovate or improve efficiencies wherever possible