SA Power Services has an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner in Durban. The ideal candidate will be a technically oriented person who has completed the Electrical Trade Test.
The individual will be responsible for project planning which will include preparing quotes and costings for projects, therefore strong admin skills will be required for this position.
· Site visit for evaluating projects.
· Technical project planning (costing, quoting, functional design, timeline) and coordination.
· Technical documentation (brochures, manuals, project support documents).
· Project planning and ensuring that projects are completed to design spec.
· Ensure drawings reflect as built.
· Panel design and layout as part of system design.
· Planning of panel building with integration team.
· Coordination of equipment and orders for projects. Sourcing of equipment from suppliers.
· Working closely with Service Team and ensuring projects are handed over properly.
· Project meeting reporting and planning to be done once a week with project teams.
Qualifications and experience
· Grade 12
· NQF Level 5/6 or tertiary degree
· Trade Test Certificate (Electrical)
· 3 years’ industrial automation experience
· Mechanical and Electrical knowledge
· Experience and knowledge in AC and DC Drives, electrical panel building, electrical wiring and fault-finding, networking ethernet, Profinet.
· Familiar with EMC standards for wiring