We are looking for a unskilled boilermaker to cut and join metals and other materials at a construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
Set up components for welding according to specifications , cut material with powered saws to match measurements.
Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
Experience in using electrical or manual tools
Proven experience as welder or certificate
Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing Grade 9- 12 plus certificates Diploma in welding or similar
Send forward your updated CV to apply
Advert Ref: VC08007
Job Title: Boilermaker
Area: Engineering Department
Position Type: Full-Time
Weekly Hours: 40 Hours
Time Conditions: Day Shift
Salary: R19,000 - R36,000
Closing Date: 13 November 2020
Purpose of Position
Conduct boiler-making maintenance in the plant in order to maintain plant structural condition.
• Operate metalworking machinery to repair or make parts.
• Repair leaks and patch weakened spots.
• Replace defective parts.
• Strengthen joints.
• Be able to perform custom fabrication, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding or machinery and equipment repair welding.
• Ensure sufficient task analysis are completed to carry work out safely.
• General Boiler making duties including use of: grinding, cutting (friction and Gas cutting).
• Welding (GMAW, TIG, stick), polishing, Cropping, Pressing, Heat Treatment and Stress relieving of Steels.
• Trade tested Boilermaker.
• Recognition of existing skills.
• experience or other qualifications.
• Be physically fit and are safety conscious.
• Team player have an ability to adapt to shift work and long hours.
• Willing to work in a cold environment.
• Desired Qualification Accreditation(Grade 12 / Matric).
Moses Mahaye – HR Manager
Hlengiwe Ncube – HR Director
Alex Viljoen – HR Coordinator
Sizwe Langa – HR Specialist
031 630 0144
Victor Crescent Construction