Aesthetics Co-ordinators bring to life an artistic vision for work and living spaces, seeing out a project from conception to creation. Design plans should be cognisant of safety and functionality requirements and maintain a strict adherence to building codes and regulatory standards. Good interior Aesthetics Co-ordinators can think creatively about the use of space, colour and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea.
The interior designer's key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
- Bachelor's degree in interior design or related field.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with computational design.
- Highly creative, imaginative, and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially regarding communicating an artistic vision
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision.
- Utilize computer applications in the design process.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
- Undertake design project from concept to completion
- Determine the client’s goals and requirements of the project
- Interpret and translate customer needs into rough plans
- Negotiate fees and set schedules for the project
- Research and decide on materials and products sourcing
- Place orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Work closely with designers, decorators, architects and constructors
- Research and follow industry changes, evolutions and best practises
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee design progress against schedule and budget.
- Implement corrective measures for identified distractions or issues.
- Review, negotiate and recommend for approval/disapproval on design change orders.
- Administer design subcontract including processing monthly invoices for payment.
- Coordinate and monitor status of design incentive/disincentive programs complying with provisions of design subcontract.
- Perform constructive reviews conforming design to prime contract requirements and proposal commitments.
- Coordinate and control design submittals for owner’s review and approval.
- Facilitate resolving design issues with owner.
- Head and manage procurement of selected materials.
- Oversee and maintain cleanliness in organization campus and sample library.
- Support preparation of completed aircraft for interior photography sessions using props.
- Assist designer on special research and technical projects.
- Manage entirely materials and data to help establish and maintain effective communication and information systems within unit.
- Perform receptionist role to maintain appointment agenda and inform commitments to team members.
- Provide assistance in sample boards and shop boards preparation for presentation and release to shops.
To apply for the position, please forward an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com