Selkirks, the in-house restaurant for Harbour House Hotel in Hermanus, is seeking someone energetic and organised who thrives in a friendly atmosphere, with a well-established team, and loyal customer base. If you think you can motivate and manage a restaurant team to deliver excellent food and impeccable customer service then we want to hear from you.
CANDIDATE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Accommodation Certificate/ Hotel School diploma is advantageous
· Previous experience in the same or similar position in a 4/5 star hotel
· Familiar with all duties and procedures in a restaurant Environment
· MS Office (Word, Excel and Email) is essential
· Opera experience is advantageous
· Reliable, responsible and dependable to fulfil obligations
· Admin Orientated
· Able to Manage and Control all systems and procedures
· Excellent management techniques
· Attention to detail
· Willingness to lead, take charge and offer direction
· Ability to multitask
· Show initiative by taking control of task
· Excellent communication skills
· Friendly and service orientated
Tasks (include but not limited to):
· Ensure service levels are maintained and sustained
· Ensure quality and concepts are implemented and maintained
· Ensure stock control system is in place
· Operate and present according to the guidelines of the Food and Beverage Custodian
· Producing management reports as required
· Be familiar with guest staying at the hotel
· Upsell F&B, accommodation and tourism services
· Inform guests of current specials
· Schedule staff hours and assign duties for staff.
· Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
· Maintain dress code standards
· Conduct performance appraisals
· Implementation of the SOP’s.
· Progressive discipline in conjunction with HR
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 5 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link