South Africans, please share in SA... stunning opportunity! thanks
Manager/Executive assistant to the owner of a guesthouse required, Hartebeespoort
Gauteng/northwest province, Hartbeespoort dam
the services of a single, fully bilingual, 30 – 40 year old, energetic, well presented manager/executive assistant are required for a 1 July start.
An honest and trustworthy manager/executive assistant, who is committed to work at this newly acquired guesthouse property, as well as in the current mining company, should apply.
Previous experience will be an advantage.
Training will be provided if required.
The lodge and the mining company operate 7 days a week so the position requires a person willing to stay in and periodically work longer hours than normal and weekends. it requires a person who will take responsibility and make responsible decisions, day and night and who will use their own initiative.
Reporting directly to the owner and his auditor, duties will include but are not limited to:
· Inventory and stock control (lodge, kitchen, staff expenses etc.)
· Invoicing, guest bookings, financial planning, reports as dictated by auditor
· Keep detailed records of daily expenses, filing and safekeeping of daily cod and card transactions
· Payroll and time management of lodge employees
· Expediting purchase orders and relevant tasks, collections and deliveries
· Delegation of duties to staff on a daily/weekly basis and expediting thereof
· Internal auditing and daily inspection of guest rooms
· The individual requires some modern interior decorating skills and ideas, not only on paper but also able to follow through the ideas, within budget and deadlines set
· Eet appointments/attend meetings as required, excellent time management skill is critical
· Expedite daily and weekly orders
· Business travel will be required periodically
· Liaising with neighboring lodges, suppliers and contractors
· Business marketing/advertising on selected platforms and keeping these platforms and information up to date
the ideal applicant will be a well presented, well spoken, independent, single person with new ideas and some experience in the abovementioned duties and not exclusively limited to the guesthouse, someone who is willing to learn but also have a strong personality to take charge in different situations
the candidate must also be willing to travel for work/stay alone at the guesthouse from time to time.
· R15 000 per month
· quarterly and yearly bonuses based on performance
· transport provided at company expense
· the position requires a person willing to stay in on the property (if the candidate has any dependents, please make note of this in cv)
· above average, safe accommodation, living space and work environment will be provided
· secure storage facilities will be provided at the lodge in case the successful applicant requires it (storing of personal property i.e. furniture/vehicle)
· all meals are provided by the employer, it may be required that the employee prepares - or chooses to prepare her own meals from time to time
· assistance with transport and the transport of personal belongings will be provided to the accepted candidate under special conditions and circumstances (merits to this will be discussed and approved in the final interview)
please note: arrange attachments 1 to 4 in this order:
· 1. short version cv (2 pages maximum in pdf format with the details of 3 × contactable references + one family member
· 2. copy of id and drivers licence
· 3. one x digital full length photo and one x head and shoulders photograph
· 4. optional/not a requirement: attach a short video describing yourself, explaining why you think you would be the ideal person for this position, don’t make the video too serious or too long... have some fun, add some humour, make it quirky - we would like to see if the person is comfortable with presenting herself in a manner that will suit this position
· the candidate’s extensive cv and certificates/ qualifications, if any, will be required when invited for the first interview
· only suitably experienced and qualified candidates residing anywhere in sa are encouraged to apply for this position.
please note the information shared, including photos will be kept confidential and not disclosed to or shared to a third party.
closing date: 30 june 2022
· shortlisted candidates will be invited via e-mail & whatsapp, please ensure contact details are correct and current!
the location, date and time schedule of the selected individuals will be shared on these two platforms
· all cv’s and videos will be viewed and screened by the employer only
· the candidates will be invited to attend the interview at the lodge’s conference facility (this might extend to a second day (sufficient notice and arrangements will be given in this case)
· within 2 days, the shortlisted candidates will be invited for the final interview, here you will have the opportunity to experience the living space, meet the current employed staff and experience what the normal day to day activities and duties are comprised of
· accommodation and all meals will be provided when necessary, arrangements with regards to any stay-over will be made in advance
· the successful applicant will be notified by email within three days after the final interview. they will be required to make travel and transport arrangements within 30 days after final offer is approved and signed (financial and relocation assistance/solutions will be provided where required, in the case where the applicant has dependants, a “settling – in allowance” will be discussed and approved based on its own merits)
suitably and appropriately qualified and experienced candidates only should email the above requirements to email@example.com.