As an Operations Officer, you will ensure an optimal working environment across all our properties and ensure that the necessary support is given to operations in terms of Facilities & Residential matters. The ideal candidate must have excellent time management skills, excellent administration skills and attention to detail for aesthetics and interior spaces are of high importance. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with their own transport and be willing to travel to various destinations. Every project is to be completed within a reasonable time frame and to the required standards.
- Grade 12.
- Qualification in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry is not essential but preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the same or similar position
- Level 2 minimum Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook in particular)
- Basic OPERA System Knowledge
- Strong administrative functions
- Attention to detail
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee daily administrative and clerical activity in the office.
- Maintains records of maintenance and other facilities functions.
- Receives requests for building or equipment maintenance.
- Assign technicians or specialists to repair equipment as necessary.
- Acts as liaison between different company departments to ensure that problems are appropriately resolved.
- Coordinates and manages schedules and calendars for the facilities department.
- Ensure appropriate follow-up with departments and staff.
- Provide direction/information to vendors, facilities staff, and service providers as required to ensure excellent coordination/execution of work within the client environment with minimal disruption.
- Minimum of 2 duty manager shifts per month to ensure full understanding of operations.
- Assist in the maintenance, front office, and housekeeping departments as per operational requirements.
- Summarise guest feedback from Centricity, Trip Advisor, and Flash feedback cards to plan, communicate and action residential/facilities work needed in the properties.
- Obtain quotes and meet with suppliers.
- Ensure only approved suppliers are used.
- Update of supplier list.
- Continues research and development and visits to trade-related shows and shops.
- Back up for Residential specialist/ Group Operation Manager
- Assist in compiling Interior & Condition Survey, including the execution
- Filling the gap between residential and facilities.
- Capture and submit project management.
- Assist with insurance matters.
- Placing of orders.
- Assess communication and provide feedback on products and specifications.
- Update body corporate permanent files
- Assist with winter planning & projects
- Recognize operational residential challenges and assist with research and solutions
- Updating of master inventory costs
- Assist in creating residential modules
- Assist in updating the residential manual
Training and Development
- Ensure the residential/ property induction manual is up to date and introduced to all new staff
- Residential modules are developed and part of the staff training
- Assist Residential Specialist/ Group Operations Manager with functional administrative duties.
- Ensure weekly reporting of residential targets and actual numbers reported.
- Submit project management to the financial controller/manager on a weekly basis.
- Submit purchase orders and invoices to creditors twice a week.
- Ensure Residential targets are met.
- Assist in placing orders and filing.
- Assist Facility Management & Residential Team with tactical planning for the team’s goals and objectives.
- Provide facility-specific assistance to the project/maintenance management team as needed or requested.
- Manage and maintain small facility management tasks as assigned.
- Devise new ways to improve the efficiency of office work and facilities services.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**