Host Manager –
Do you feel you have the skills to put the HOST back in HOS(t)pitality?
Trendy hotel in Camps Bay is looking to employ top of the class, pro-active & forward thinking Host Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of a pillar in the Camps Bay community. Ideal candidate understands a well-travelled, active and modern client base and values a STRONG guest experience of the HIGHEST QUALITY. This candidate should hold themselves to the high standards that is synonymous with this exceptional property.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Accommodation Certificate/ Hotel School diploma
- 3 - 5 Years Relevant Experience
- Previous experience in the same or similar position in a 4/5 star hotel
- Familiar with all duties and procedures in Front Office / Reservations Department
- Food and Beverage experience is advantageous
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Email) is essential
- Opera experience is essential
- Open mind and go-getter attitude
The Ideal candidate would:
- Be review and guest driven
- Understand and capitalize on the key guest demographic
- Deadline driven
- Be Innovative
- Focus on keeping the hotel informed on current hospitality trends but have a discerning eye to be a trendsetter rather than being a trend follower.
- Awake and foster loyalty in staff to the brand
- Develop and build guest relationships, promptly respond to guest's needs, and execute initiatives to increase revenue
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain efficient check-in procedures.
- To ensure effective liaison between reservations and front office staff with other departments.
- To ensure that accounts are balanced daily.
- To ensure effective and accurate check-out facilities.
- To ensure company policy is maintained within Housekeeping department.
- Maintain exclusivity procedures in your Hotel.
- To carry out systematic checks of all Front of House, Guests.
- Areas and Back of House Areas for maintenance requirements.
- Repairs, to ensure that these are actioned without delay – 100% facilities.
- To ensure maximum Security in all areas under your control.
- To be familiar with all H&S measures.
- Debtors control – no open accounts.
- Travel Platform Management – manage commission structure.
- Sign all your front desk and housekeeping purchase orders.
- Conduct monthly asset counts.
- Understand your kitchen and restaurant man-plans.
- Achieve your targeted beverage cost.
- Achieve your target food cost.
- Ensure your service is of a high quality.
- No variations from the agreed standards on food presentation from the Food consultant.
- Clean kitchens and restaurants / bars.
- 10 Day food stock counts to be actioned.
- Daily beverage counts need to be actioned.
- Sign all your food and beverage purchase orders.
- Conduct monthly asset counts.
- Monitor daily cash up’s to avoid risk.
- Monitor daily variance reports and action shortages.
- Monitor daily void report and sign off all voids.
- Understand the ownership roles and levels of responsibilities of your team.
- Manage your staff through their HR files – know where they live, who is their street committee, their hobbies and passions.
- Custodianship list should be regularly updated and evaluated.
- Update your Aesthetics and Facilities files monthly for any new additions.
- Sign off your income statement monthly.
- Ensure Asset List is updated and signed off monthly and updated in your Facilities File.
- Regularly check the Key Procedures, Store-keeping.
- Procedures, Standard Office Procedures and Luggage Procedures.
- Work in conjunction with HR to ensure the most effective Appointments.
- Maintain uniform standards of all departments.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all staff, identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring that this training is effective.
- Implementation of Company Standard Operating Procedures and ensure it is maintained.
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Participate in progressive discipline in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Monthly and weekly rosters and follow-up on time attendance and leave forms.
- Progressive discipline where applicable.
- Considers the impact on the business.
- Demonstrates a sincere positive attitude towards getting things done.
- Understands and addresses group objectives.
- Develops solutions that improve organizational performance.
If you feel you are up to the challenge to steer a pillar of Cape Town Tourism in an ever evolving hospitality world to greater and higher success, this is the position for you! Apply immediately.