Our client in the Hospitality industry based Paterson, is seeking a Hospitality Manager to join their team.
- Qualification in Hotel Management/Leadership Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of prior working experience in overseeing operations at numerous 5 star Lodges.
- Ability to develop strategic direction for the Hospitality Operations function to support organizational aims.
- Ability to implement change and support people through times of transition.
- Ability to oversee and simultaneously pay attention to a number of demands.
- Proven ability to lead multiple teams.
- High levels of verbal and numerical ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or compatible applications.
- Ability to correctly communicate detailed information and instruction to others.
- Ability to lead the Hospitality senior teams.
- Experienced in overseeing and directing multiple teams.
- Experienced in selecting, motivating and guiding management team members.
- Experienced in preparing organization wide annual plans including budgets and monitoring financial performance.
- Competent in correctly developing and ensuring policies, processes and standards are implemented and applied across the Hospitality Operations functions.
- Ability to analyze and improve operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Ability to monitor and ensure compliance with health, safety, security and other legal. requirements across operations.
- Committed to providing exceptional levels of service to others.
- Ability to work effectively when under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop policies, processes and standards to ensure effective high-quality Hospitality and Lodge experiences are provided to guests.
- Develop and implement processes to anticipate and understand the needs and
expectations of guests.
- Provide direction, oversight and guidance to the Lodge teams
- Oversee large group bookings, assembling a team to plan and execute.
- Develop the company wide annual plan and activities for the Lodge and Hospitality experiences.
- Assist the Human Resources function in attracting and selecting suitable employees for Hospitality Operations and Lodges.
- Develop with senior colleagues: effective par-stock levels for Operational Equipment, Amenities, Linen and other items required for the operation of Lodges.
- Together with the Procurement team, select and manage suitable suppliers for operational materials.
- Ensure all Hospitality Departments and Lodges implement relevant security and health and safety policies, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with local legislation.
- Develop and ensure implementation of an effective key control system for the Lodges, ensuring safety and security of Guests, staff, equipment and supplies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers.
- Develop processes to monitor the performance of contractors that provide services to the Lodges – especially Security and Maintenance related.
- Ensure that the Security service is professional and complements the Guest experiences, first and foremost giving guests peace of mind.
- Support the housekeeping function to develop and implement an effective pest control system for the Lodges and monitor and report on the effectiveness of the system.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing department to assist in defining the strategy and facilitate onsite interaction with the travel trade / media.
- Prepare regular reports for management as required, indicating the status and performance of the Lodges and Hospitality Operations.
- Include performance data and indicate how this compares to the set targets.
- Monitor Guest feedback and communicate directly with Guests when appropriate.
- Effectively lead the Lodge and Hospitality teams by being a positive role model of the company's vision and values, providing a common set of objectives and effective communication.
- Ensure the development of a culture of service excellence and delivery among the senior teams so they take pride in what they do, take personal responsibility for their work, pay attention to detail, innovate, take initiative, all to work competently as one team.
- Ensure that all Lodge-related employees have received and are receiving on-going training in health and safety practices.
- Set and confirm team and individual performance indicators and targets for the hospitality senior teams.
- Ensure that hospitality policies, standards and rules are communicated to all team members.
- Ensure that all senior leaders receive regular performance feedback and have a documented development plan.
- Together with Human Resources conduct disciplinary discussions with underperforming team members where mentoring, retraining and coaching have failed to bring about the desired results.
- Work closely with the Senior Managers and Hospitality teams to ensure that across the
organization policies, processes and standards, including those relating to food safety are
developed, documented and communicated to employees
- Monitor the implementation of all quality related policies, processes and standards in Hospitality operations.
- Take where necessary immediate corrective actions to ensure compliance with all quality standards, especially safety practices and controls.
- Support the organization-wide administration of quality audits in the Hospitality departments.
- Prepare the company wide annual Hospitality Operational budget, including any purchasing requirements for furniture, fixtures and equipment, manning guides and labour budgets.
- Recommend companywide Hospitality CAPEX purchases for the coming budget cycle.
- With the Procurement, Maintenance and Lodge Managers, develop guidelines for stock levels for all hospitality operational items.
- Identify suitable suppliers of operational equipment and supplies, working with finance and legal teams to develop contractual agreements.
- Ensure that Hospitality teams perform effectively within the limits of their budgets.
- Monitor and manage organization-wide Hospitality operational expenses and operating costs including payroll, equipment and supplies.
- Together with finance, develop and monitor stock controls and stock takes for hospitality
operational items and act to continually improve financial performance.
- Work effectively with the Hospitality teams to ensure the condition of dining rooms, reception areas, outside dining areas, sitting rooms and other areas is at the highest level.
- With the Lodge Managers and Maintenance team develop and monitor processes to ensure that all Lodge repairs and preventive maintenance are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.