A reputable lifestyle and golf estate in Pretoria East is seeking an experienced Floor Manager with 3 – 5 years’ experience to assist in the functioning of the restaurant and join their dynamic food and beverage department.
To ensure the day-to-day functioning of the restaurant and bar area by ensuring resources are used in the most optimal manner, dealing with all staff matters and handling customer queries and complaints to ensure that high service levels are maintained.
Minimum education (essential):
- National Senior Certificate
Minimum education (desirable):
- Relevant Degree / Diploma in either Hospitality or Restaurant.
Minimum applicable experience (years):
Required nature of experience:
- Experience managing a shift (staff) in a restaurant environment
Other: Driver’s license and own transport
Key Performance Areas, Weights, and Objectives
Stock Control 10%
- Issue stock (relieving Stock Controller) from main location.
- Assist with monthly stock take.
- Record any stock wastage or loss.
Duty Management 60%
- Ensure that the club (all restaurants, bar areas, halfway house, locker room) are cleaned and maintained according to Club standards.
- Assist the F&B Assistant and F&B Manager with their duties.
- Ensure staff hours and rostering is managed and controlled.
- Ensure efficient rostering of required staff.
- Check service during functions when on duty.
- Ensure he restaurant, bar areas are locked up by Security after shift.
- Ensure aircons and lights are switched off before departing the venue..
- Identify training needs and communicate to F&B Manager.
- Compile a day-end report on issues like faults, complaints, equipment failures, stock shortages, operational equipment quantities.
- Oversee staff on duty and allocate tasks accordingly.
- Assist with any customer complaints and resolve as soon as possible.
- Process the shift cash up of barman, waiters, Halfway House and golf carts.
- Building rapport with customers
Procedures / Improvement 20%
- Draft and implement standard operating procedures
- Ensure operating procedures are always adhered to.
- Ensure training is facilitated
- Communicate failure to follow procedures to F&B Manager.
Ad Hoc 10%
- Any other duties as required by Management
- Assist with the setup of functions as and when required