Steyns culinary school
Tuesday, 14 September 2021
Tourism/Hospitality - Other Tourism/Hospitality
Duties and responsibilities
• Coordinating, mentoring and assisting students with regards to theory and practical studies.
• Managing student discipline and formal communication relating to discipline to the student and sponsors
• Ensuring the implementation and adherence to policies and procedures as set out by legislation and accreditation bodies as well as Steyn’s Culinary School.
• Manage food and kitchen items, equipment use, ordering, purchasing, cost and stock control as set out in the processes of Steyn’s Culinary School.
• Ensure the promotion of public courses, as well as giving insight to new culinary events.
• Coordinating all aspects of assessment.
The candidate should:
• Be enthusiastic and be able to take initiative.
• Be an excellent communicator with good people skills.
• Be a team player
• Have good listening skills
• Be able to plan and organize
• Have Self-confidence and be self-motivated
• Be able to work under pressure
• Be computer literate and with skills in Microsoft office.
• Chef industry experience min 2 years.
• Teaching experience 1 year (preferred)
• National or international chef qualification at NQF Level 4 is essential
• Assessors qualification or relevant teaching qualification (PGCE)