Our client, a top fine dining restaurant in Port Elizabeth is looking for an experienced Head Chef / Executive Chef to join their team.
Awesome career opportunity.
- Proven working experience as a Head Chef / Executive chef in a fine dining establishment with fast-paced/up-to-date knowledge of food trends local and international.
- Up to 120 dinners per day.
- Excellent record of kitchen management.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
- Degree in Culinary / or diploma or related certificate.
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards.
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs (as the business requires in conjunction with GM).
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities and manage kitchen staff.
- Arrange for equipment repairs with the General manager.
- Rectify arising problems or complaints.
- Perform administrative duties with regards to purchases etc.
- Comply with hygiene regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying.