An eclectic Hotel in the vibrant neighborhood of Knysna is looking for a passionate Front Office Host (Supervisor) to support as established team. Let us know if you have what it takes.
CANDIDATE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• High school graduate with hospitality experience / hospitality qualification.
• Must speak, read, write, and understand English at a professional level.
• Computer literate (Windows Office – Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Opera.
• General knowledge of HR and the labour law.
• Previous front office management experience essential.
• Familiar with all duties and procedures in Front Office / Reservations Department
• MS Office (Word, Excel and Email) is essential
• Opera experience is essential
• Must have a SA ID
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and own transport
• Reliable, responsible and dependable to fulfil obligations
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to lead, take charge and offer direction
• Ability to multitask
• Show initiative by taking control of task
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly and service orientated
Tasks (include but not limited to):
• Ensure smooth operation of the reception area
• Ensure guests are greeted, checked in and allocated apartments / rooms promptly and courteously
• To ensure reservations are taken correctly and courteously
• Ensure credit control procedures are strictly adhered to
• To ensure guest accounts is kept up to date
• Ensure effective and speedy check out facilities
• Ensure collection and delivery of luggage to apartments / rooms are done efficiently
• To ensure that the reception area is correctly managed
• Ensure that the switchboard is efficiently and effectively managed
• Must be willing to work hospitality shifts (weekends and public holidays), hospitality hours and overtime when requested
• Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management
• Ensure that guest house rooms / apartments are serviced and maintained to the standards
• Make sure all front of house areas is clean and tidy at all times
• Ensure the back of house is clean and free of clutter
• Ensure the smooth operation of Housekeeping daily
• Daily spot checks of apartments and rooms to ensure standards
• Checking of all monthly stock takes for amenities, chemicals and linen for Housekeeping
• Reporting and follow up of all maintenance issues pending or outstanding
• Assisting with the overseeing of the maintenance department in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
• Be familiar with the Health & Safety measure of the property
• To ensure regular on-the-job training is training place in your departments
• Ensure dress code of staff is up to standard
• Holding regular performance appraisals with senior staff, identifying areas for development and training needs
• Be readily available to deal with problems and complaints
• To circulate regularly throughout Front of House areas. Maintaining high profile with guests and staff
• Ensure accurate and timeous submission of all reports and administrative work
• Prepare and submit annual budgetary information and updates as required by Financial Manager
• To ensure effective liaison between Reservations & Front Office and other departments (e.g. Housekeeping)
• Act as a Duty Manager when required
• To attend all management meetings as required
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 5 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link