PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- This role is within the Micros Professional Services department of Micros SA, implementing Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management (MyInventory) solutions from database configuration, front end configuration, 3rd party assistance, application training (including documentation), operating standards documentation, through to the customer live process, ongoing product support.
- Ensuring that the company’s process and control measures are always adhered to.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
MyInventory Product Specialist:
- Is responsible for the Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management Product and environment.
- required to design a workable, replicable, solution to meet the specific needs to the customer and in accordance with best practice including, but not limited to, documentation, manuals, and installation standards.
- should be capable of managing situations and challenges as they arise, with a clear and analytical approach to solving such problems.
- must be able to provide updates of progress and challenges to the Information Systems Services Manager
- Lead and mentor the implementation team on the Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management product.
- Regularly Monitor and Conduct Database and Server Maintenance for Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management servers when required.
- Regularly Monitor Interfaces and action any potential issues that may arise.
- Configure and test 3rd party Interfaces
- Keep up to date on Documentation, Versions, bugs etc. relating to Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management.
- Perform Version Testing prior to implementation in production environments
- Document any faults, features or site-specific items / issues as and when requested and in line with the company’s processes.
- Scope and Develop Customized Reports or Exports from Oracle Hospitality inventory Management.
- Conduct database configurations, application training as well as providing effective “live” support of Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management.
- Carry out other appropriate scheduled, work, tasks, and duties in any of the company premises as and when required.
- Complete and maintain all company paperwork in a timely, accurate and efficient manner in line with the company’s guidelines.
- As part of a project team actively take control of the project delivery components that you are responsible for and see these through to successful completion. Maintain close contact with the Project Manager and keep them informed of progress, problems etc.
- Maintain and enhance the company image by acting professionally at all times.
- Adhere to and follow all procedures accurately and efficiently
- Attend any relevant meetings on customer premise or at a Micros location as and when required.
- Attend any relevant training course which is set to improve knowledge on the company’s or associated applications
- Keep up to Date with Oracle GLP’s, Documentation or any other Training Material relating to Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management and the Enterprise Backoffice Suite.
- Perform 3rd line support of Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management, supporting/training of the support team
- Any other task deemed appropriate
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
- At least 4 years’ experience with Micros Product Suite
- Diploma in Information Technology.
- Knowledge/Certification of Oracle SQL
- Knowledge of IIS.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Restaurant Management
- Experience of group training or presenting
- Working knowledge of general IT concepts including networking
- Driver’s license
- Own vehicle
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- A thorough understanding of Micros products including, but not limited to Oracle Hospitality Inventory Management (MyInventory) or Material Control
- Oracle Database Knowledge advantageous
- A thorough understanding of stock control Best Practices and Costings
- Good understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office)
- An excellent communicator and self-starter.
- Candidates must be disciplined and well organised.
- Pragmatic, hands on individual.
- Excellent troubleshooting/diagnostic skills
- Flexible / adaptable approach to customer needs
- The ability to embrace issues / problems encountered, and communicate to the relevant internal teams / customer, working towards a satisfactory resolution.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task, the ability to prioritise ensuring that all tasks are completed to the relevant business processes
- Engaging and articulate speaker
- Attention to detail