Main scope of Duties: To maximise Catering sales, and to manage and supervise the Catering Department and the areas of the hotel in which group and private events takes place in such a way that company standards are achieved and maintained in respect of quantity, quality and service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To communicate on a regular basis with the departmental managers and coordinator’s to review the department, functions, staff, goals and objectives, etc.
- The ability to develop and motivate the employees that you are responsible for, maintaining a high level of communication and morale.
- The ability to establish all office procedures and monitor their effectiveness.
- The ability to develop banquet menus and pricing structures based on local competitive analysis.
- The ability to coordinate marketing and sales efforts for Catering with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- The ability to actively solicit and book large and important social, corporate and association business as well as handle all VIP functions.
- To allocate duties and delegate work within the department continuously monitoring the progress and ensuring that all work is kept up to date.
- To ensure that the banqueting rooms are left to maximum occupancy and maximum profitability.
- To maintain a good relationship with the suppliers.
- To maintain a good relationship with counterparts in other competitive establishments and to be able to report competitive analysis required.
- Always come up with new ideas to improve the product through green house, competitive analysis, magazines.
- The ability to maintain an active trace/follow-up system on all personal sales calls.
- The ability to finalize all bookings in writing maximizing all revenue potential by up selling in all revenue producing areas.
- The ability to secure deposits and maintain established credit policies.
- The ability to conduct weekly meetings with support departments to review all events for the upcoming week.
- The ability to keep management and public relations informed of all functions booked at the hotel as well as any well known personalities or security sensitive functions.
- The ability to coordinate details of daily events with the Executive Chef, Banquet Chef and the Banquet Manager.
- The ability to monitor all departmental weekly expenses, i.e. payroll, utility and food and beverage costs, etc.
- The ability to achieve yearly personal sales booking goals, as well as manage the sales goals and objectives of the catering management team.
- The ability to coordinate the aggressive sales efforts of the Catering department to solicit business.
- The ability to supervise and direct the work of all employees in the Catering Department.
- The ability to conduct weekly Catering meetings and attend all required meetings.
- The ability to handle customer complaint.
- To make sure all venues are up to the standards by being involved in the banqueting venues and the furniture.
- Ensure all clients are responded to as per the company standards.
- The ability to complete and conduct performance evaluations for catering staff.
- The ability to prepare weekly and monthly forecasts and the annual budget for labor and revenues.
- The ability to communicate on a regular basis with the Banquet Manager to review the department, functions, staff, goals and objectives of all client events and groups.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to recommend the hiring, terminating, or disciplining of any banquet or catering employee.
- To ensure maximum Marketing and Sales efforts for Catering are achieved and to coordinate these efforts with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- To finalize bookings in writing, maximizing all revenue potential by up-selling in all revenue producing areas.
- To secure deposits and maintain established credit policies.
- To prepare a weekly ‘definite’ booking report at the conclusion of each week and weekly and monthly pace reports.
- To maintain a thorough concept of food cost and menu planning.
- To prepare weekly and monthly forecasts and the annual budget for labor, revenue, costs and Marketing plan.
- To keenly qualify business inquiries and makes informed decisions on business opportunities to ensure optimal yield for every booking.
- The ability to actively participate in weekly forecasting of revenues and expenses.
- To carry out any other duties as directed by the Director of Sales and Marketing.