The Front of House Duty Manager at Birkenhead House manages and controls the daily operations of the FOH department. They ensure that the standards of The Royal Portfolio (in particular when it comes to Food & Beverage) are met, in order to contribute to the purpose of the company – "To give our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay".
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate effectively throughout the hotel. Ensure departments are aware of guest needs, changes and requirements
- Guest interaction and satisfaction, including hosting guests during their stay
- Recommend food and wine pairings.
- Share your wine knowledge and encourage your team to develop their wine knowledge further through regular training sessions.
- Ensure that all wines are stored, presented and served to the required standards.
- Ensure the hotel and restaurant is set up accordingly on a daily basis
- Be present and assist during service
- Be the point of contact for guests and anticipate and cater for their needs
- General running of all FOH service areas and assist all service staff
- Ensure the hotel follows cleanliness, health and safety protocols
- Assist guests with check in and departure
- Make sure SOP’s are followed
- Report incidents to the correct channels
- Conduct site inspections when on duty
- Ensure that the staff as well as yourself live, breath and embrace the companies P&Vs
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
- Tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management
- 3 years’ Experience in a luxury 5* establishment (Required)
- 2 years’ Hotel or Restaurant Management Experience (Required)
- 2 years’ Food & Beverage Experience (Preferred)
- Wine and Cocktail certificates a distinct advantage
- Strong knowledge of Hermanus and the Overberg area as well as other properties, venues and activities available
- Strong systems experience - Micros (POS), Opera (PMS), Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions
- A positive attitude
- Be able to deal with and handle conflict
- High level of guest experience
- Team player
It is important that the candidate is able to work as part of a team and is a good cultural fit for The Royal Portfolio.
South African citizenship is advantageous. A valid work permit is essential if you are not in possession of a South African ID document.
All new appointments at The Royal Portfolio’s properties will need to show proof of vaccination against Covid 19.