Our client, a luxury lodge / private game reserve based near Grahamstown (Eastern Cape), is looking for an experienced Assistant Lodge Manager.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- Qualification in Hotel Management Diploma/Certificate or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of prior working experience in guest relations at a Lodge.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Strong sense of Responsibility.
- Career driven.
- High level of competency in spoken and written English.
- Good working knowledge of GAAP, Opera and Ms Excel (Intermediate level).
- Driver’s license.
- High level of attention to detail.
- High level of ability to solve problems independently.
- High level of knowledge i.r.t Guest Relations, F&B, Housekeeping and Front Office.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting the Lodge Manager with the day to day running and efficient operation of the Lodge to ensure exceptional service is delivered to guests in all areas at the Lodge.
- Stand in for the Lodge Manager when they are not available.
- Support Senior Lodge Management to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assist the Lodge Manager with implementing and monitoring policies, processes and standards to ensure an effective and exceptional service is provided to guests.
- Stay up to date with changes in policies, ways of working and standards in the industry.
- Perform all daily, weekly and monthly administrative duties relating to Lodge operations in line with company policies and procedures.
- Identify and report all necessary maintenance required at the Lodge and ensure all issues are timeously resolved.
- Assist with on-the-job training for Lodge staff.
- Take accountability for the performance of the functions at the Lodge.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.