SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE
The main purpose of the Duty Manager is to manage and control the daily operations of the FOH department. To ensure that the standards of the Royal Portfolio are met in order to contribute to the purpose of the company – "To give our guests a complete experience and a perfect stay".
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Living, breathing and understanding the company’s purpose and values and ensure that the hotel is immersed in the TRP Culture.
- Ensure complete guest interaction and satisfaction.
- Be the point of contact for guests and anticipate and cater for their needs.
- Ensuring that guest and staff satisfaction is maintained through interdepartmental communication and liaison.
- Assisting and supporting the Rooms Division and Food & Beverage Department in managing the Operations of the hotel.
- In the absence of the General Managers, been the Senior Manager and point of contact at the hotel.
- Ensuring that all decisions are made with Company's interest been put first (communicating with the HOD of the relevant department) but with utmost importance ensuring the Safety of our guests and staff.
- Monitor health and safety throughout the hotel.
- Guide site inspections and guests around the property.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years’ Experience in a luxury 5* establishment (Required)
- 3 years’ Room Division Experience (Preferred)
- 3 years’ Food & Beverage Experience (Preferred)
- 3 years’ Housekeeping Experience (Preferred)
- 5 years’ Hotel Management Experience (Required)
- Diploma in Hospitality (Required)
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- International Language (Preferred)
- Systems - Micros (POS), Opera (PMS), Microsoft Office
It is important that the candidate is able to work as part of a team and is a good cultural fit for The Royal Portfolio.
South African citizenship is advantageous. A valid work permit is essential if you are not in possession of a South African ID document.
All new appointments at The Royal Portfolio’s properties will need to show proof of vaccination against Covid 19.