- The hospitality systems consultant is responsible for micros products installation, maintenance, and support for all projects assigned to
· Responsible for documenting internal installation SOP’s and all project related documents
- To ensure high quality customer service
· To uphold adapt it micros values and procedures
- To maintain customer success in all project implementations PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
a) Project Implementation
- Meet with the Project Manager before commencement of an installation to be briefed on any special requirements and to collect all required documentation (airline tickets, visas, pre- installation packs, sign-off documents, licensing & support agreements, etc…).
- Hold telephonic meetings with Project Managers outside Cape Town or communicate via electronic mail or MS
- Travel to clients’
- Install the assigned products to the requirements and satisfaction of the client and
- If assigned to be Project Leader, the HSC will co-ordinate all aspects of the installation as
- The HSC will ensure to the best of his/her ability that each project will be completed within
- Conduct project sign-off meetings with the clients, during which the sign-off documentation is
- Liaise with clients and manage each installation, training, refresher training, site visit or any other dealings that the company deems fit.
- Complete all sign off documentation and time sheets before leaving site after project
- The HSC will not leave site if any outstanding issues are not resolved without explicit permission from
- The HSC will arrange a handover meeting with the project manager upon returning from a
client’s site, during which the project manager will be briefed on all aspects of the installation.
- Create a copy of each clients’ latest database and store it at the Adapt IT All client
databases are to be stored on CD/HDD or Cloud storage inside the customer’s file.
- Hand in all dockets with payment the next day to the administration
- Any major changes onsite to be communicated to the client in
- Ensure a signed delivery note is completed on delivery of any system
- Train client, management & staff in accordance with published training
- Produce training materials as required from time to
- To ensure that the pricelist for repairs/Changes are adhered to and that all monies collected are remitted to Micros
- To replace/repair/do changes to the best interest of the client and Micros
- Present training courses to other Micros Consultants as required.
- Each HSC is required to support the products assigned to him/her.
- Each HSC may be required to work the 24hr help desk from time to
- All support calls are to be logged on the in-house call logging system when assigned to support
- HSCs to maintain a test environment on their company assigned laptop/computer.
- Test and troubleshoot new versions prior to
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
- Minimum 5 – 7 years management experience within Restaurant industry
- IT qualification e. A+/N+, CCNA or IT Diploma (will be an advantage)
- Micros System knowledge essential
- Must be available on 24 Hour standby from time to time
- Must be available for duty on the help desk from time to time
- Able to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable vehicle
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- a) Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Meticulous, with high attention to detail
- Great inter-personal skills
- Excellent problem-solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Excellent technical aptitude
- Team player
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and carry our assigned tasks to completion
- Manage time, resources well and demonstrate good organisational skills
- Committed, motivated and able to achieve tasks in line with deadlines
- Able to prioritise importance tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Be proactive and customer focus
In accordance with Adapt IT’s Employment Equity plans and goals, preference will be given to suitable applicants from the designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act of 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.