R780 000.00 p/a (Neg)
• Tertiary Qualification in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, or Sales
• 5-years minimum technical sales experience in a business-to-business role in an industrial or process industry.
• Good understanding of legal and commercial export processes.
• Knowledge of and experience in export sales - INCO term understanding and risk appreciation.
• Knowledge of the flat glass industry would be advantageous.
• At least 3-years sales experience in trading in an export environment.
• Fluency in Portuguese would be an advantage.
• Some experience in a manufacturing environment managing a small team.
• Account processing and debtor's management knowledge with some practical experience.
• Good negotiating skills and presentation skills.
• The successful incumbent will be a self-starter with good organizational skills and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate, ideally with exposure and experience operating in a large corporate IT infrastructure.
• Be prepared to travel into Southern Africa and spend some time out of the country
• Meet sales figures as budgeted.
• Ensure that the customer's requirements concerning quality, service and price are met.
• Create and maintain strong business relationships with customers in the countries as allocated.
• Manage and ensure risk is minimized in the international trade activity of the department.
• Liaise and coordinate freight forwarder and transporter activity to benefit customer service and meet cost targets.
• Ensure all SARS, SARB & other legislative requirements are complied with in the export process.
• Adhere to internal policies and criteria while growing the customer base.
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts on a monthly and annual basis.
• Manage allocated accounts to ensure debtor's targets are met.
• Assess and understand market trends to help shape the long-term strategy of the business. This will include acquiring and growing knowledge on international producers, capabilities & standards.
• Conduct Contract Reviews in cases of new customers, new products or new service providers.
• Present product and other training to customers and internal personnel as required.
• Drive new marketing initiatives to promote new products as launched