Our client, an international logistics & distribution company, currently seeks a Sales Support person, to support the Sales Executive in their commercial activities in the broadest meaning of the word. While the Sales Support is not accountable for the sales as such, they can launch and co-ordinate pricing requests, help out in commercial discussions with customers and suppliers and act as back-up when the Sales Executive is absent. For inter-company transactions, they can handle most of the commercial activities and communications. Minimum Job Requirements:
Key Performance Indicators:
- Degree or Diploma in Sales pref.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in sales, sales support and/or sales administration.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Experience in customer liaison is essential.
- Must have excellent telephone and email etiquette.
- Must be able to professionally communicate with commercial clients and inter-departmental teams.
The Sales Support communicates with customers and suppliers under the social responsibility and guidance of a Sales Executive and follows up on commercial aspects of the (potential) transactions.
Prospection and Enquiries:
Order Confirmations and Contracts:
- Search for and request prices/tenders/sales offers and find the right combination of price and requested quality by the customer.
- Follow up on prices of the products/raw materials for dynamics that drive the process.
- Manage quotation process towards a customer from beginning till end.
- Evaluate incoming quotations/offers for products.
- Discuss prices and payment conditions with the responsible Sales Executive.
- Prepare the respective offer towards the customer.
- Follow up on offers made in order to conclude the business dealing and provide the proper feedback to the Sales Executive.
Follow up on Commercial and Quality Issues:
- Prepare order forms and pass same towards the appropriate Sales Executive.
- Negotiate process (with agreement of the respective Sales Executive) to improve the contribution of the respective sale.
- Follow up on the payments of the respective sales.
- Contact clients.
- Receive and handle complaints/NCRs from customers and direct to Quality department.
- Monitor loading and unloading operations to prevent damaged delivery.
- Monitor and follow up operational delivery to customer.
- Plan and arrange shipment of cargo to maintain the necessary stock levels per customer requirements.