Provider of Specialized Industrial Cleaning Chemicals Products has a vacancy for a Sales Representative based in Port Elizabeth to sell chemicals to the Hospitality and Laundry / Food and Beverage industries to exemplify the brand and grow the branch.
The successful candidate will need to facility business development through obtaining new clients and maintaining current client relationships. Furthermore, the successful candidate will in addition, be responsible for some commercial activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Maintain brand reputation and ethos of business in a professional manner.
- Call on an average of ten clients per day. Ensure weekly call report is completed and submitted to the Sales Manager.
- A client call planner must be completed and repeated in a 4-to-6-week cycle.
- To monitor sales and gross profit activities.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activities.
- Provide product demonstrations at new and existing clients.
- Develop new business opportunities at existing clients (upselling).
- Meet the agreed sales targets.
Customer Relationship Management
- Complete written service reports for clients that require them. Ensure reports are discussed with relevant persons and ensure a copy is submitted to the Sales Manager.
- Ensure staff training is carried out for all clients. Ensure all administration functions are closed out once training is offered (E.g. Training Registers, Training Certificates etc.).
- Build a relationship with all key people within the client portfolio. (E.g. Buyer, General Manager, Chef, Contract or Area Manager, etc.).
- Always provide prompt service and assistance.
- Assist with deliveries to customers in unforeseen circumstances.
- Manage account services though quality checks and other follow-ups.
- Carry out technical installations, repairs and maintenance of equipment where necessary.
- Demonstrate the company’s consultative sales approach; leverage hands-on service to enhance our total value to the customer.
- Provide emergency service coverage after hours to appreciative customers.
- Build relationships by providing customers with innovative products, sales demos, regular service and ongoing training.
- Learn customers’ operations and devise unique solutions as their expert on advanced cleaning and sanitation processes.
Communication and Feedback
- Attend and participate in all sales meetings.
- Communicate on new opposition products, special account developments and any other relevant information gathered through field activities to provide feedback to Sales Manager.
- Assist in providing the Sales Manager with relevant Service Report data.
- Submitting a weekly sales/technical report to Sales Manager.
- Adhere to Company Data and Communication Policies.
- Use prescribed templates where available.
- Comply with deadlines where set/required.
- Assist the Debtors department with the following up of monies when required to do so.
- Ensuring that new clients have the correct cash or credit application forms completed.
- Provide updated client contact information.
- Manage product merchandizing in the market and exercise and maintain brand image control i.e. stickers, wall charts, etc.
- Ensure HSE standards (as relating to our product supply) are maintained on client sites.
- Perform Stock Management and stock taking on a regular basis where required to do so.
- Healthy, Positive and Self-Motivated individual.
- Patient, tactful, diplomatic and approachable.
- Ability to stay calm under stressful situations.
- Good situational awareness.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Respect the importance of confidentiality.
- Good organizing skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Team Player.
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
- Presentation skills for presentations
Experience and Qualifications
- Three years’ experience in a similar sales environment will be essential
- Qualification in Sales will be advantageous.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Excellent selling, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Own vehicle and valid driver license
- Excellent organizational skills & good multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Be bilingual
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with intermediate level is preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of virtual programs (e.g. MS Teams, Zoom etc.)