Our client is dedicated to managing the brands of world leading printing & related machinery manufacturers, ensuring that they supply machinery from manufacturers of technologically advanced equipment, tailor-made for the Printing, Packaging and Converting sectors of the global media market.
It is their vision to build and manage the brands of these suppliers to the primary position in the Southern African market and need a tenacious Sales Executive to do so.
About the role:
To develop on going relationships with clients by project managing the complete process from initial contact to final implementation. To facilitate a long selling cycle.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Capital equipment / heavy machinery sales experience.
- Technical understanding of machinery.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Strong ability with figures
- Reliable vehicle and valid drivers license.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team.
- Communication skills
- Persuasive ability.
- Willing to travel daily.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients.
- Expand on existing client base and develop on-going relationships.
- To identify client needs.
- Read and interpret technical drawing to identify needs.
- Project management of complete cycle from initial introduction to implementation.
- Liaise with client, overseas suppliers, technicians.
- Evaluate existing equipment and recommend upgrades or replacements.
- Perform product demonstrations, installations, and application support.
- Improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders
- Take orders and equipment installation.
- Test and recommends solutions to product-related problems.
- Manage and develop new customers, while maintaining existing sales within assigned customers and a given sales territory.
- Review monthly the best monitoring sales report with management to determine if goals and objectives are being met.
- Canvassing for new clients and maximize client potential in designated regions.
- Calculate client quotations and administer client accounts.
- After-sales support services and provide technical back up as required.
- Arrange and carry out product training.
- Prepare reports for head office and keep customer records.
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Assesses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; identifying sales opportunities.
- Accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.