Our Client in Blouberg, Cape Town, has a permanent role available for a SALES COORDINATOR with strong Administrative skills. This is in the retail/building industry.
Introduction: Our company provides a complementary, personalized, design & sourcing solution for all aspects of tiles & flooring. Company target market is mid to high end and the end users are architects, builders, designers, construction project managers.
* Own Transport
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Strong Mathematics
Project tracking & planning: The aim of this task is to plan the project tasks, relating to sales within the company to ensure that:
- The relevant information is flowing between departments &/or, to & from external parties
- The customer has received the various information within the timeframe required.
- Pulling all info together into one source: from email, WhatsApp, phone call and directing to the project boards (currently Trello).
- Organizing & prioritizing the tasks at hand, as a company.
- Delegating the relevant tasks to the relevant department/person
- Gathering feedback from the various internal departments and/or external parties to ensure the timeous response to the client
- Ensuring the task has been complete within the timeframe required.
- Ensuring communication is flowing between departments & the client on any delays
Updating the priorities throughout the day, as new enquiries or priorities appear.
Skills Required: high attention to detail, very organised, excellent communication skills, able to multitask, and work well under pressure.
Dispatch: Actioning of the dispatch is a crucial component of our sales process and requires the utmost accuracy.
- Planning of areas & routes to follow most efficiently
- Good communication with the sales reps and/or clients directly, with regards to planning of the deliveries
- Data capturing the information onto the schedule
- Liaising with the driver to ensure he understands the scope. Overseeing the driver, ensuring effective routes are followed. Encourage growth & responsibility from the driver.
- Act on changes that may occur, quickly & efficiently.
- Expedite any urgent changes with ease
Skills Required: Intermediary Excel, attention to detail, focused planning and organizational skills.
Samples: All samples are to be tracked physically & by means of a data sheet.
- Tracking of all samples for each project & which suppliers/ supplier documents they relate to. Updating the data sheets accordingly.
- Ensure all charged samples are reviewed and any charged samples are signed off and passed onto the creditors department timeously.
- Facilitate sample returns from customers.
- Understand which samples should be in storage & which should be returned to suppliers
Sample racks: It is important that the sample racks are organized & kept up to date in order for the sales team to be most efficient.
- Organize the sample racks and keep them replenished
- Update them with any new arrivals. Remove any discontinued items
- Regular clear outs
- Keep any data sheets updated
- WhatsApp group chats, emails, phone calls (Any form of communication received by the sales co-coordinator, either individually or via a group of people.
- This task would be to manage the flow of information between the customer & ourselves to ensure the company has responded timeously.
- Responding to client requests
- Gathering info from internal or external sources, to be able to answer the enquiry in full.
- Tracking that the relevant people have responded to the enquiry, in full.
- All the above to be done accurately & timeously
Skills Required: Intermediary Excel skills, strong administrative skills, high attention to detail, very organised, excellent communication skills, able to multitask.
Sales Duties: Support to the sales team
Design: Throughout many of the processes, we are required to assist the client with their selections. This person needs the ability to put products together depending on various influences like colour, other elements, market do’s & don’ts. It is important that the person assisting with these selections has a good understanding of the basics of design, the market knowledge for a “look & feel” that works.
- Architectural plans
- The ability to read & measure from plans is required
- Measure off physical plans or via Adobe PDF plan reader accurately
- Provide the information to the relevant department for costing
- Measurements provided by the customer
- Understanding the information provided to accurately quote accordingly.
Skills Required: A high level of accuracy is required with this task. Math's skills are essential. The ability to read plans advantageous, training will be provided.
Internal sales: A lot of the sales coordinators job is to run other sales reps projects for them & have the sales rep as the lead sales person. There may be customers that do not necessarily have a sales rep assigned to them, in which case the sales coordinator will attend to directly.
Sourcing & costing support the sales team: Fulfil the clients’ needs but searching for the products that best suit the desired result. Extensive market & product knowledge required to be able to complete this task efficiently.
- Analysing the initial brief. Identifying & gathering any missing information that may be required.
- Using market & product knowledge to come up with some options that may work, check stock availability. Where there is no pricelist, check costing with the supplier. If limited options come to mind, send out the requests and/or brief to the relevant suppliers informing them of the options you think may work and asking if they have others to suggest.
- Gather the responses, analyse the information received and request any missing information that may be required.
- Assess the information on a higher level & short list the options to present to the client
- Create a costing sheet & cost the products accurately and according to the company procedure.
- Present the options to the sales rep. On the projects where you are the sales rep, present to the client directly.
- Ensure the above is done accurately & efficiently would require:
- An extensive product & Market knowledge. Understanding each of the supplier’s product ranges & basic cost bracket.
- An in depth understanding of which suppliers to contact for which items
- A good understanding of the costing procedures within the company.
- Ability to analyse & question the information provided. Ensuring that the information you are providing the customer is accurate.
- Skills in customer & supplier relations
Pre quote costing:
- Products only (Excluding installation): Tiles
Once the product has been selected, ensure all the relevant costs are gathered & ready for the quotation stage. If the sourcing stage was included, this step should be almost complete. There may have been some changes since this process and therefore this is a check point to see everything is available for quoting purposes.
- Check stock availability to confirm it is still available.
- Check pricelist to confirm price is still valid. Where there is no pricelist, check costing with the supplier
- Amend the costing sheet if necessary. Ensure costing is accurate, according to the company procedure & ready for quoting
Skills Required: Some experience within the industry will be advantageous. Intermediary Excel along with experience with the creating of and process of proformas and sales orders (Pastel)
Tiling layouts – Training will be provided: These can be done off plan, or from the physical measurements. It does require more detail, than calculating the quantities. It is important to have various details like heights and measurements of windows & apertures, mixer, shower head, any other items involved in the tiling areas.
- Measurements provided/obtained
- Understand the influencing factors & calculating the best layout accordingly.
- Neatly drawing up these layouts, manually, and presenting to the sales rep.
Skills Required: Maths skills, accuracy, and attention to detail