Our client is a longstanding solution, design and implementation agency. Their clients are national and global brand corporates who want a variety of marketing services outsourced and are seeking unique as opposed to out-of-the-box solutions. They develop solutions collaboratively with their clients and then in most instances implement these solutions, in some cases for multiple years. Their channel incentive programmes, staff reward and recognition programmes and pure-software solutions delight the Marketing departments of their clients! Job Description:
The company is seeking a Strategy Director, reporting directly to the CEO, who will lead the new product development team; structure and manage the company's marketing and assume responsibility for engaging with new and existing clients to assess their needs against the potential for a service to successfully make profits from delivering solutions.
This is not a desk jockey job of fixed hours and tightly defined roles. This is a job for an energetic player, who wants the freedom to stretch legs and minds, and to earn a basic and uncapped performance remuneration based on quarterly PBT growth.
The new Strategy Director will be joining this established and growing team and be responsible for creative problem solving and have the ability to adjust fast to new inputs and create, with the team, the solutions that will "fix" client problems. Work with clients to align brand strategy with business strategy - creating stories and experiences to engage customers, influence prospects, rally employees, inspire investors and build communities.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Understand MBA linguae franca or have developed confidence through industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Research, Branding, Marketing, Incentive House or Advertising Agency or related professional services at a Senior Management level for a corporate.
New Business Development:
- Lead client engagements, forming and growing trusted client relationships.
- Create high-impact strategic content and maintain client profitability.
- Serve as Engagement Manager across multiple clients and initiatives.
- Develop, with a high degree of freedom, a role as Strategic Client Partner & Advisor across the ongoing brand initiatives and practical delivery solutions developed by the company.
- Create and direct innovative and thoughtful strategic solutions to complex brand and communications challenges on behalf of the portfolio clients.
- Consult with clients on a range of strategy brand initiatives, including research, brand positioning, brand architecture, brand analytics, internal brand engagement and digital brand strategy.
- Build upon a deepening knowledge of business, brands and clients to deliver strategies that continually evolve to meet clients' own evolving needs.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams and partners to build and execute strategic recommendations that will ultimately be brought to market across multiple channels.
- Collaborate with Creative teams to shape creative expression and execution.
- Collaborate with Project Management to ensure that initiatives have appropriate resources for development, and are ultimately delivered on time and on budget.
- Inspire and mentor junior strategy team members.
- Engage in broad-based marketing and operational discussions with clients to become trusted counsellor and in so doing, identify further opportunities for mutually beneficial growth of the company-client relationship.
- Follow up and manage the new business process on select leads generated by the company's content-driven marketing efforts, including conducting research and contributing strategy to presentations and proposals.
- Strategy thinker with the ability to instil confidence in clients and across internal teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Comfortable preparing proposals, presentations and speaking in front of groups.
- Passion for branding with strong understanding of leading brand thinking and constructs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability manage and mentor junior members of the teams.
- Self-starter and nimble multi-tasker.
- Ability to handle large complex projects.