Sales/Marketing - Marketing
Area/Location: Sandton, Johannesburg
Objectives and Outputs of this Role:
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative team
- Collaborate with CSM’s and HOD’s in developing marketing plans, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities
- Develop marketing campaigns that translate marketing objectives across business units into clear and motivating creative strategies
- Analyse brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- Help sort through the creative chaos to find those ideas with the most promise
- Collaborate with the other leaders on the team to stay focused on the goal: solving your client’s problems with inspired, original, effective creative work. No creative director can do it alone.
- He or she needs to work closely with the strategy, CSM and production leads to set a vision for both the internal team and the client.
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the creative and strategic development of messages and deliverables
- Work closely with Traffic Department to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term needs. Keep them close and guide them on how they can help you develop the Studio
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address client needs
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables
- Develop a good relationship with the human beings on the client side; people will only take risks and buy interesting work if they trust you. It’s not about “selling” an idea, it’s about understanding your client’s problems and finding a great, creative solution to that problem. Clients know when you’re in it for them or you’re just in it for the award.
- Make decisions. A good creative director decides what’s moving forward and kills the rest. Decisions allow your team to go deeper with the remaining ideas, making them richer and more effective.
- Keep it fun and informative. A great CD has a huge impact on the team dynamic and can help create an environment where people enjoy their work