Our client requires the expertise of a business development professional who has at least 5 to 7 years' experience, preferably in the service and/or security industry. Overview
Achieve the sales targets for the allocated geographical area by proactively providing the client with proposed solutions based on analyses of account/business while building and maintaining strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
Customer Focus Skills:
- 5 -7 years business development experience preferably from a service industry environment
- Must be prepared to be PSiRA registered within 3 months of employment
- Proven track record as Business Development Consultant in the security industry will be an added advantage
- Computer literate
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
- Acts with customers in mind.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
Strong Negotiation skills:
- Knows how businesses work. Knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the organisation.
- Awareness of the competition.
- Understanding of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Persistence and perseverance:
- Applies appropriate interpersonal skills and negotiation tactics, in an effort to identify and discuss common issues, finding common ground and with the aim of reaching agreement on a mutually beneficial solution and promoting collaboration between the parties.
- Ability to work well under pressure without compromising work quality or standards.
- The ability to move past obstacles to achieve end results in an efficient and professional manner.
Ensure sales growth in the Mining revenue streams
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and dedication to achieving goals and objectives in a pressured work environment.
Client Relationship Management
- Achieve or better the set sales targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Build and maintain a prospective list for the geographical area
- Builds internal relationships to facilitate assistance to support client needs and proposals
- Achieve or better and maintain 100 call ratio per week to deliver the agreed minimum number of quotes per month
- Ensure Sales administration is kept to date at all times
Provide Excellent Customer Service
- Develops and manages relationship with the client with full
- understanding of their business needs and requirements through experience gained throughout the years
- Demonstrates a full understanding of the client needs and their business requirements and cycles
- Works in co-operation with and effectively engages other team members to reach resolution
Maintain Customer Information
- Demonstrates an understanding of company brand, values and promotes the image of the business with the clients
- Facilitates regular meetings with existing and potential clients to ensure frequent contact.
- Attends and arranges meetings as and when required to address client needs.
- Follows up on sales actions to be taken from meetings
Customer support /Proposals/solutions
- Establish client database base
- Maintains client data base as well as the call report files on each client
- Ensures that contact/call reports are completed and accessible
- Maintains a database on competitors in the area, highlighting strategies, expansion and competitor actions
- Facilitates the sales process once quotation has been accepted, including arranging for preparation of contractual documents, signing of these, scheduling start – up with Operations
- Attend hand- over with Operations to ensure first services are completed to client satisfaction
Service Knowledge pricing structure, service
- Develop proposals for presentation to clients based on their needs
- With the assistance of Sales Director presents new service to clients for consideration in support of their business
- Communicates with internal stakeholders to ensure that relevant parties are kept informed about client’s relationship, progress of proposals and assistance that may be required
- Provides added value information, that enhances the client business on a regular basis by maintaining presence e.g., useful articles, references etc
- Demonstrates a full understanding of the Company's service offering to pro-actively address client’s needs
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and adherence to all pricing policies
- Comply with all standing and ad hoc reasonable and lawful instruction
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures