Johannesburg!!! Our Client in the Insurance sector is looking to recruit an exceptional Underwriter to join their vibrant team The successful applicant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job functions:
- Assess and decide on validity of claims submitted.
- Underwrite all cases within authority limits and all benefits taking into account medical, financial, territorial and vocational risks of new and existing business.
- Analyse applications and to call for requirements and to underwrite cases within the Senior Underwriter’s limits.
- Underwrite complex cases and to analyse medical reports etc. in order to ensure that the risk is correctly underwritten
- Deal with escalations and to ensure that cases are underwritten in terms of the underwriting rules and policies
- Ensure that the correct risk rating is applied to business that is accepted and that uninsurable risks are declined
- Liaise with all internal and external clients regarding risk applied or policies that are deferred / declined
- Attend to enquires which would include written, telephonic, emailed or face-to face
Personal Attributes and Skills
- MS Office (intermediate)
- Analysis of Information (advanced)
- Verbal and written communication (advanced)
- Strong Relationships Skills.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Working with People
- Able to work unsupervised and to take initiative
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information (verbal & written)
- Conflict handling
- Analytical skills
- Learning and Researching
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with extreme pressure and setbacks
- Persuading and Influencing
- Microsoft Office
**Kindly be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**