Minerals Commodity Trader
Monday, 16 May 2022
Sales/Marketing - Insurance Sales/Marketing
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a relevant tertiary qualification
- 5-10 years’ experience in commodity trade (coal is a must) and export commodities is essential
- Must have knowledge of coal, industrial minerals and manganese/iron ore
- Knowledge of copper, lithium, cobalt, PGM and gold would be an advantage
- Experience in mining/commodity trade sectors in South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Nigeria, Senegal, Ethiopia, DRC, Egypt and other African countries would be an added advantage
- Previous experience in living / working abroad is ideal
- Must have knowledge about international trade, logistic, commodity trade etc., including hedging knowledge and price risk management
- Advanced planning, time management, and strong decision-making skills are important
- An advanced level of communication skills in English is a must, with French and Arabic is a plus
- Must be able and willing to travel
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained
- Establishing a commodity line of businesses, starting with coal and adding other commodities defined by the company.
- Developing business strategies to find gaps in the commodity trading space in SA and internationally. Developing business models whereby product security, quality consistency and financial securities are achieved.
- Negotiating the marketing and communication plans within the key markets with the Business Development team, local Representatives and other parties involved.
- Recommending appropriate policies regarding pricing, product and market evaluations.
- Maintaining knowledge on all competitor products and activities.
- Coordinating with the representatives of the company remotely all over Africa in terms of market analysis and appropriate sales strategies.
- Monitoring all sales transactions and reviewing all customer responses for all orders and payments. Providing required activity reports to management.
- Monitoring the day-to-day developments in the market and industry.
- Ensuring good relationship with the distributors / customers.
- Monitoring market conditions and take necessary actions to ensure smooth cash flow.
- Ensuring the delivery of orders on time and under agreed conditions.
- Maintain familiarity with trade rules and logistic operations.
Please note that subsequent to the screening and shortlisting process, all further communication will be entered into, only with the shortlisted candidates