Our client are looking to employ a Property Manager to assume responsibility and accountability for the performance of the portfolio and the people KPI’s will be (but not limited to):
therein. To ensure investment growth through maximisation of the net income on each property
through effective property management and asset control
- To assume responsibility for the effective operations/facilities management within the portfolio Which will include, but not limited to:
- budgeting and budget management,
- redevelopment and development,
- vendor management,
- tenant installations/take-on's and take-backs,
- Maintenance and capex management.
- Compilation and management of budgets and forecasts, arrears and utilities management.
- To assess and manage staff and staff functions within the respective functional areas and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Setup and manage a leasing strategy per property in conjunction with the asset management andnational leasing team to improve the letting strategy within the portfolio. Encapsulating, but notlimited to the following services:
- Reduction of vacant space
- Improving of tenant mix
- Assistance with redevelopment
- Maximising of property income
- Renewal of existing leases
- To establish and maintain tenant relationships via regular tenant meetings and tenant surveys
- To provide regular operational and management reports across functional areas.
- To manage and direct the coordination of the property and lease administration activities of theportfolio to ensure and support the performance of the portfolio.
- To ensure that the above objectives collectively combine to facilitate the greater objectives of thebusiness.
- General property administration (essential)
- Commercial/Property law (desirable)
- General Accounting (essential)
- Operations/Facilities Management (essential)
Job Related Skills:
- Negotiation skills (essential)
- Budgeting/Forecasting skills (essential)
- Oral and Written communication and interpersonal skills (essential)
- Problem solving skills (essential)
- Conflict and dispute resolution skills (essential)
- Leadership skills (essential)
- Organisational and time management skills (essential)
- Computer proficiency skills (essential)
- Business Writing skills (desirable)
- 5 or more years in the property sector (essential)
- 2 years management experience (essential)
- 2-year financial experience in property management (essential)
- 2 years leasing experience (essential)
- Operational/facilities experience (desirable)
- Grade 12 (essential)
- BSc/BCom Property Studies or equivalent (essential)
**Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted**