Junior Accountant required for property industry client (the incumbent can either be based in East London or Centurion.
You will be responsible for analysing financial information and assisting with implementing effective strategies to enhance the property portfolio’s overall business performance. Your role will also include maintaining financial policies and management information systems, alongside establishing effective communication channels to inform management on all aspects of property finance.
The successful candidate must be willing to travel between branches.
- Analyse financial information to assist business profitability and growth
- Gathering and interpreting information to evaluate the efficiency of financial procedures
- Provide accurate and sound management reporting to assist with key decision making
- Developing and implementing cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risk
- Produce month end and year end journals
- Prepare statutory and management accounts
- Contribute to annual budgeting and planning process
- Manage capital expenditure
- Produce financial statements including P&L accounts, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Review accounting processes and practices and improve where necessary to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- Certified CMA preferred
- Proven work experience as a management accountant or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards and financial regulations
- FRS and statutory reporting experience
- CaseWare experience (advantageous)
- Sage ERP exposure (advantageous)
- Property industry experience (advantageous)
Should you wish to apply please email your CV through to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; if you do not receive a response within 1 week please consider your application unsuccessful.