An award-winning agency in Durban is looking for an astute Business Unit Director to strategically lead a particular piece of business, within a constructive and creative operating environment and lead his/her team to deliver quality service to their clients, being both profitable and strategically-sound brand custodians.
Note that this is a AA role and FMCG / Retail experience is mandatory.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The role of the Business Unit Director is to strategically lead a particular piece of business, within a constructive and creative operating environment.
• To lead the Account Management team - prime responsibility for ensuring the quality of the agency’s product, particularly the strategic and creative product, and for inspiring the highest standards in other team members. In so doing, he/she will contribute to the successful and profitable custodianship of clients’ Brands and ensure the agency is seen as a valued Business Partner.
• The Business Unit Director must be an active and enthusiastic advocate of Brand Custodianship, in theory and in practice. This means both completing the procedural sides of Brand Custodianship and living and breathing the philosophy of each Brand worked on.
• The Business Unit Director is expected to build excellent relationships with clients, extending into social situations, and with all members of the agency team for whom he/she is responsible.
• The Business Unit Director’s leadership role on his/her business should also contribute to the department in a positive manner: by setting an example of best-practice account management skills as well as motivating and encouraging the team.
• The Business Unit Director is responsible for acquiring new accounts / business for the agency, and securing additional work from existing clients.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED
• Post-graduate degree or National Diploma, majoring in communication, marketing, advertising or other related Business Sciences
• Marketing and specifically Advertising knowledge and experience
• Financial and budget control ability
• Strong Business acumen
• Strategically-minded, conceptually- and creatively engaged
• Excellent leadership skills
• Coaching Skills
• Intellectual depth
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link