This multi-faceted food retailer and manufacturer, founded over 50 years ago in Durban, seeks a strong, hands-on Finance Manager, to report to the Finance Director and take full control of the following areas of responsibility:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Cost & Management Degree or equivalent.
- Min 3 to 5 years financial management experience, pref. in a Manufacturing / Retail / Food related environment.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and management accounting.
- Knowledge of tax regulations.
- Good knowledge of enterprise wide risk management principles and policies.
- Computer literacy - MS Office, Business Intelligence Software, Accpac.
Financial Admin Management:
- Oversee the capturing and processing of financial information on creditor payments and debtor receipts.
- Review recons and approve adjustments.
- Monitor bank accounts.
- Maintain store level fixed asset verification schedules and update ledger.
- Verify all customer credit notes and submit for processing.
- Oversee AR ledger and noting bad debts.
- Ensure AP ledger is managed.
- Obtain quotes and issue order numbers for equipment, machinery, repairs and maintenance and submit for approval.
- Implement efficient financial procedures in line with policies to ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Support the annual budgeting process.
- Review and monitor budgets against actual and analyse variance reports.
- Ensure efficient controls are in place to avoid unauthorised expenditure.
- Consolidate budget information for submission to HO.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Compile accurate, timeous and qualitative management accounts in line with legislation and standards.
- Provide information for financial statements.
- Oversee processing and reconciliation of all journal entries.
- Review and approve GL recons for all balance sheet accounts and key income statement accounts.
- Review and approve accruals.
- Prepare monthly bank recons and submit to HO and Store Management.
- Oversee debtors age analysis.
- Review and sign off creditor recons
- Monitor expenditure and ensure correct stock system implementation.
- Compile and submit VAT returns.
- Ensure store level compliance with all tax legislation and regulations.
- Maintain required records to substantiate tax positions and filings.
- Implement changes to tax legislation.
- Attend monthly meetings and submit documentation for the AGM and Board of Directors meeting in compliance with the Companies Act.
- Identify and assess store financial rick and implement mitigating strategy and/or control in consultation with management.
- Payroll management - full control.
- People management.
- Stock control management.
- Good knowledge of relevant financial and company legislation and business internal controls and systems.
- Good understanding of:
- project portfolio management principles;
- core business principles;
- management of Business Information Systems.
- Good analytical skills.
- Risk assessment skills.
- Strategy development skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Leadership and relationship building skills.